Sign in to follow this  
Yoda967

JustFlight/Aeroplane Heaven Tiger Moth?

Very glad you're happy with your purchase.Pics are always welcome.Have fun!

>I couldn't get the engine to start from the VC without using>CTRL-E, but that's not something I consider terribly>unrealistic. Fuel valve open, mixture full rich, throttle>closed, switches on, and swing the prop...makes perfect>sense.>Kurt - to start the Tiger without CTRL-E ....(1) Make sure you have the electrical power on - this is the thing I missed. There's no "power on" switch on the open cockpit Moths so if you're normally starting "cold and dark" you'll need whatever key press you use for "Master Battery / Alternators off/on" as it says in control assignments..(2) Reach out of the cockpit on the left hand side and push the magneto switches up as far as they will go and hold them there.She should start without trouble.

Short follow up to this ... if you really want to try swinging a prop to start an FS aircraft try Bill Lyons' excellent freeware Luscombe 8 : cc12lusf.zip

Thanks, John! That did the trick.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

>Has anybody got this yet? Any word on whether it's worth the>$43?I havn

Staffan

I just put a few screenies up in the screen shot forum.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Well Darn! Many thanks Tim! . . and thanks Just Flight - for responding to Tim's request. This is a smart business move and can serve only to enhance your growing reputation within the community. If I was smarter I suppose I could have posted a request like Tim's too). Now I need to download it and see whether my big mouth was right or wrong! Regards,pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I just DL'd it. It's a very nice little plane. Flew around the Portland FZ02 scenery, which suits the planes low and slow style, and I had a great flight. Lot's of fun. Nice engine sound too.The guy in the front seat can be a bit distracting with his head moving around like that, but it is kind of neat. Would be nice if you could have a "head movement settings" slider. Freaked me out when I saw him blink. I think the plane is expensive at $43, but it is a nice plane.