Sign in to follow this  
TC1

Feelthere 737 PIC

For some time now, I have been looking at purchasing the Feelthere 737 PIC. I have done a little research, looked at there forum, read the reviews in Computer Pilot, PC Pilot, and AVSIM. With the exception of the last few paragraphs of the Computer Pilot article, for the most part,the reviews are fairly positive. At the tail end of the June CP article the author states that there were issues with the auto-land, VNAV abd LNAV features. He stated that even after the patch came out, he still had issues with those systems. He also goes on and finishes the piece by recommending the purchase of the software package.What is the current status of the aircraft? Is it a buy or no buy? Have the software issues been fixed? Since I am still using the FS9 software package and that the model is currently on sale at Wilco, if it now works I would be interested in purchasing it Thanks for your help.Tom

Tom,I might be biased so be aware. I have the FeelThere -300 and though it is a good rendering of a classic I feel it still has some annoying quirks. Mostly with autoflight and some issues with some game input devices (yokes etc). And this still with latest (last?) patch applied.If you don't mind what kind of 737 you are looking for I would suggest you take a look at the PMDG NG offering. In my humble opinion (and I would still recommmend the PMDG even if I wasn't part of their beta team) it is a more stable and mature product. Hope it helps,

Guest ap9dm1

I agree, PMDG is a very mature, reliable, stable product, one of the best you can get for FS9. I like the Wilco panel, the visual model is terrible though. Also, performance lags way behind PMDG.You won't go wrong with PMDG.Del

Guest kittie

I own both the pmdg 737 and the Pic 737. I really enjoy flying both of them. Each one has good and bad with it. The Pic does have some auto pilot issue's, but not enough to stop from buying it. As long as you can fly by hand and not rely on auto, it's a fun aircraft. If you