Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

GA traffic and Military traffic

Hi all, I am filling my FS9 skies with realistic aircraft as much as possible. I have found some great planes for freeware and wish to add others such as the great military heavies and fighters. I am using the excellent GA Traffic by Markus Brunner and it is doing a great job with minimal frame rate impact. But it won't do the military stuff as far as I can see. Also, the military bases don't seem to have any traffic at all. Does anyone know the short version on how to get the C130s and C5s etc. to land at these bases?Thx,Dolph

Guest P3_Super_Bee

First thing for Military bases, is collect AFCAD's or mod them yourself. None of the Military Bases in FS have parking spots. So therefore, no traffic shows up even if you have flght plans. There are quite a few out there, Start here at AVSIM. Look for World of AI stuff. They have put out, inconjuction with Miliary AI Works a couple of packages:Osan AFBSeaboard ANGHickam C-17'sCaniadian CC-130'sThe Osan package not only comes with the AFCAD, the scenery has been redone.The above packages come with voicepacks to load within Editvoicepack(freeware package here at avsim) so the aircraft have proper callsigns as well.The Military AI Works site: www.militaryaiworks.comAlso the UK Military AI at www.ukmil.jbai-aircraft.com have a pretty good start on the Royals.Ed Kooymans is a good name to search here for some miltary flight plans. Along with Dave O'Brien. For the most part these guys have done the flight plans, and give you a list of what aircraft are needed. Dave does have a couple complete packages as well. The Military AI Works are complete packages, flight plans, aircraft, repaints etc...http://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/i...s/sign_name.jpg

Thanks, that's good stuff. What a hobby, eh? I will look into AFCAD software. Dolph

Dolph,MANY AF2 files already at PAI site with military parking already set up.Search the all the major sites for files by Dan Bourque; he has several regional military AI packages for the US. Addional Mil AI pkgs found at PAI. May also be quite a number by other developers. Spend a little time in the search. I use a Mil+Commercial scenery for Charleston SC that is quite nice... pic attached.Loydhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/161815.jpg

Guest tpower

Hi,I have encountered a few solutions expanding your requirements and put them here to be helpful. Firstly, after a fresh install, I have added all my AI traffic files as Addon Scenery. That way I can select/unselect scenery areas, then reload and have the appropriate traffic. (Remove all traffic from the World/Scenery first). Now, I have addon sceneries: Early Jets, Early Propliner, Modern Military, Modern Jet, Modern regional, Modern GA, which I can in/exclude as desired. You can make a time machine this way, and better still, spare your processor from forcing traffic which although not visible, wastes resources. One word of caution: the traffic density slider affects ALL traffic, no matter where the .bgl is located, hence my reason for putting all in the Addon Scenery menu. Very time consuming to setup, but allows you to run a "vintage" setup vs. "modern" or "Mil" setup with a few clicks. Not my idea, I gleaned this from the CalClassics website and modified the approach to meet my needs.Cheers,Tosh

Thanks Tosh!Most excellent reminder! I know I knew that, but sometimes you forget. This will be especially useful (read ESSENTIAL) when/if moving to FSX because you can (de-)activate in scenery library without restart. So what if it takes a little time to set up, there is always a price to pay for control and flexibility. I could well be making some changes today to my cluster of traffic files.Loyd

Guest tpower

Hi Loyd and all,you realise this works for scenery too ja? I have an Addon Scenery folder called "Vintage Airports." This is near the top of my addon scenery menu, so when active overrides everything below. This way, when inactive, I have Bill Melichar's addon modern PHNL. When active, it overrides and I have the old Aloha terminal PHNL circa 1959. Of course you should keep the appropriate AFCADS in their respective scenery folders (NOT in the Addon scenery/scenery (which should be at the top of your menu). That way the traffic know where to park with no conflicts. Hehe, FS9 has it all.... Just get some vintage splashscreens. Hope some of you enjoy this workaround.Cheers all,Tosh:-beerchug