Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Another scenery company staying with FS9

Not my opinion or anything..just the facts. Imaginesim is staying with FS9 for now and for that, they will get my money for sure. Sure they will go to FSX but does not look to be anytime soon. I for one am glad as I and many others still use FS9 for months and months to come. Read the statement:http://www.imaginesim.com/future01.htm

Eric 

Great news... :-jumpy My hat's off to these guys for having the guts to be the first one's out the gate to publicly acknowledge a need to stay with FS9. This is another first (for those that continue to make claims this is just like older FS releases), a developer due to the shortcomings of the new version has to stick with the old. We didn't see this with FS2000. I noticed Aerosoft (Budapest 2007) is waking up as well. I'm still waiting to see how PMDG is going to pull off that 737NG/744 update on a platform that barely get's 10FPS over most metro areas.Thanks for the link. :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest FxF3

Others will pick up where they leave off. FSX may be the engine they use for the next 2 editions with just some tweaking to an improvments to the over all engine. If so the addon makers will either make addons or stay with FS9 for eight years or so.:-xxrotflmao I think they may have to rethink or get into some other line of work. The real reason so many are staying is there are more copies of FS9 out right now then FSX so its profits.

I am sure that you are unaware of the difficulties scenery designers are currently facing - including the graphics format bugs at Dusk/Dawn, DXT1 bug, Terrain flattens, and MIP blurring.It is rumoured that a patch for FSX will arrive after Christmas.

Graeme Butler

And now for the flip side.Ninja Mouse over at Visualflight.co.uk has spent the last couple of weeks positively raving over the advantages of the new engine, recognising that it's time to wipe the slate and start afresh.Oh, he co-developed Visual Flight London.

:-lol ....methinks it would have been better to post this in the FS9 forum. :-lol

Guest FxF3

I'm just sure of one thing. If a company wants to bow out of the game thats their choice. So some have problems with FSX other don't those companys will go on the others will fall by the wayside or find a way.It happens with all things. Since FSX is its on product and the others make the addons its really like the cart trying to tell the horse were to go.;-)

Guest Valkyrie321

>:-lol ....methinks it would have been better to post this in>the FS9 forum. :-lolAgreed. This seems to be a driven statement aimed at those who enjoy FS9 OR a stab at the FSX community. I couldn't care less. If and when I decide to purchase addons in the future I am sure software companies will have a plethora of choices for my FSX copy.

Just to be clear .. FS9 scenery developers will get my full support for a long time to come. :-hah