Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

FSD's Seneca v2 is now available

Just though I'd post a heads up for those interested. If you already own FSD's Seneca there is a discount for previous owners for a short time. They are going to offer a free upgrade to FSX for purchasers of v2 in about another week according to Jim on their forums.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Well... it is kind of available. The FSD web site does not yet fully support this new release. For example, if you get a corrupted download, as I did, the drop down menus on the support pages do not offer up this file and you are stuck.Hopefully this will all be sorted out shortly.

Bert

Guest dpc

Working with them on an issue of the installer not recognizing my V1 install as well. Still pending a resolution on that one as well. Will resume in the morning I guess.

I kind of figured there would be a problem with the upgrade so I purchased the full version. I must say this is a really nice update to an aircraft in their stable that needed an update the most... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

>Working with them on an issue of the installer not>recognizing my V1 install as well. Still pending a resolution>on that one as well. Will resume in the morning I guess.>Same here. Can't install the upgrade. I've been waiting forever for this upgrade! Hopefully we can get it working soon.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I guess I got lucky. Had no problem with the upgrade and it even ported over my repaints complete with a steam and glass panel version. I cranked up the sound and just listened to that lovely soundset on runup and takeoff... one of my alltime faves for twin engine sounds.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

OK, progress !I got the download link via e-mail and was able to download and install.Anyone know why the radar altimeter would show ASL instead of AGL?For that matter, any reason why the 2d cockpit has this gauge, but the VC does not have it?Back to flying some more... maybe I should pause and read the documentation first :-)

Bert

Hi,I'm mostly interested in the 2D analogue panel.It looks like they are the same bitmaps as the previous version. Is that correct?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

The analogue 2d panel is pretty much the same, but the VC has been completely re-done, as has the external model. Plus there is the new glass cockpit option. I think it is a good value update. :-)

Graeme Butler

To those who have successfully installed the update,Any opinions on the flight model? Any improvements or changes in power or handling?How about frame rates? I'm a bit concerned because FSD lists minimum requirements as 3.0 ghz processor. (I have a 2.5 P4, but can run version 2 of the Navajo with good fps).Thanks in advance,Dale

Dale

I got my upgrade working. Just e-mail FSD with your old and new order numbers. I can't give any impressions on the plane yet, other than to say that the VC got a much needed update. I'm not a big fan of glass cockpits in GA, but this one seems ok. A bit if a hit on fps (like most), but nothing major. The analog panel is nice, and at a quick glance I found no fps problems.I have to run to work, so I won't be able to give more impressions until later. The Seneca has been one of my favorite planes in Flightsim for so long, I'm happy it got a much needed upgrade! It is great that it is still fs9 compatible for those of us staying too!

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Hi Bert,Sorry for keep asking :+Is it possible to replace gauges in the analogue VC?Will the 3D cut-outs obscure any other sized gauge then the original ones?In order words: In VC, can I replace for example the HSI with the SN3400 of RXP?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

"In VC, can I replace for example the HSI with the SN3400 of RXP?"There's an option for RXP gauges in the config utility but I can't get them to show up in the actual aircraft.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2