Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

FSD's Seneca v2 is now available

I don't know why the specs are so high. My Seneca runs about the same as the default planes in the VC. Granted I don't use the glass displays so that may be a factor. All I can say is this plane is very easy on frames which I'm very happy about. :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

"There's an option for RXP gauges in the config utility but I can't get them to show up in the actual aircraft."Neither can I :-hmmm

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

You'll have to give me some time... I've started replacing the analogue gauges by the RXP FLT equivalents and will report progress when done.As to the GNS530 option, this simply provides for the RXP unit in a popup window. The VC continues to show the default MS GPS. I would imagine that this can all be adapted and I look forward to ready to go replacement files on the RXP user pages :-)If you really liked the previous Seneca, I cannot see whay you would not get this upgrade.

Bert

Say Bert,Are you seeing a mismatch of the analogue gauge VC bitmap at dusk/dawn? I get a pretty serious one on my installation and I already let Jim know about it.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/161759.jpg

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Zane, My VC looks fine at dawn/dusk as well. Not sure what you got going on there, maybe something with the RXP stuff? I haven't changed the avionics at all yet.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I have the same issue... Did you install into the same directory as the version 1? I did, and am wondering if that might have some impact? I haven't seen this show up on the FSD forum yet, so it must be a problem that only a few of us have.DJ

I'll check the other repaints and switch to the non-RXP panel and see if it continues. This was in the Red repaint BTW with all the RXP panel mods.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi Zane,I also tried to "mix and match" between old panel cfg with RXP mods and the new install and found that the two do not work together.I've now started to re-introduce the RXP gauges into the new panels and that seems to work much better.

Bert

Same setup I had - be interesting to see what the stock setup does...DJ

I found the problem and it was all mine. Only the blue and white paint comes with the Seneca v2, the blue and gray and the crimson seraph were ones I had added to my original Seneca. The configuration manager did port those repaints over but the bitmaps are not all correct therefore my misalignment problem. Jim Goldman said that FSD will be releasing updated repaints soon so I will wait for those. The default v2 paint has the panel working just fine. Now, when the RXP mods finally get done so they show in the VC I will really be happy.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888