Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zlaned

FS2004 AI Flightplans repeated at many web sites

Guest Zlaned

Hi All,Just a question I would like to ask all you simmers out there.Is it possible to get all the big web sites creating flightplans to come to an agreement so when making flightplans they dont do ones that have already been done by other sites?Many flightplans are being repeated three of four times or more, for instance, United Airlines, whilst others are left high and dry with no flightplans available.I think it would be a good idea to have one web page listing ALL the current worlds airlines and have links to the website that the flightplan is at. This way, a flightplan maker can look at this page and see if an airline has been done or not, saving many hours making one that has been done for one that hasnt.This way, we can truly fill our skys.I have spent many hours searching round the many sites for plans and am growing weary looking through pages and pages for just one airlines plans. Surely there must be an easier way?What do you think?RegardsZlaned :-spacecraft

there are certain groups of people that let each other know whos doing what, but there are certain flight planners personally that I am glad others make them as well, because they don't really do a complete job. project ai is one such group that doesn't duplicate

Guest JTEK99

Great idea.Let us know when you have this singular, all-encompassing website with interface deployed, accompanied by an e-mail engine to contact all flightplan authors of its new commissioning.I look forward to your coordinating all of this; I'm certain of your success.Thanks a bunch!:-roll

Guest Zlaned

There's no need for sarcasam! :-roll So what you are saying is its impossible to do?Quote "Let us know when you have this singular, all-encompassing website with interface deployed"All it takes is 1 page listing all the airlines and links to the respective website!Word of mouth gets any page noticed over time!Quote " accompanied by an e-mail engine to contact all flightplan authors of its new commissioning."As stated in my first post, I WAS talking about the BIG players in the flightplan world, not every tom dick and harry!Quote " I look forward to your coordinating all of this; I'm certain of your success. Thanks a bunch!"If you put as much effort into coming up with an idea as you do with sarcasm you might come up with an idea that can make life easier for fellow simmers!Geeeez, when you try to help.........................Zlaned

Guest Zlaned

Hi Alex,Quote " there are certain flight planners personally that I am glad others make them as well, because they don't really do a complete job."Yes I agree, which is why only the BIG trusted players should be included.Quote " project ai is one such group that doesn't duplicate"This i dont agree with, as PAI have flightplans repeated.Take at random, Adria Airways.PAI have 5 flightplans for summer 06. AI traffic world have 1 flightplan listed.WOAI have 1 flightplan listed.Which one do you choose?Thats 7 flightplans for 1 airline, and they're just a few sites used to make my point. What if the other 6 flightplans were for other airlines not done, wouldnt that be better?I just want a simplified way of searching for that illusive flightplan at the end of the day!Just trying to help other simmers with an idea.Zlaned

Guest Zlaned

>Let us know when you have this singular, all-encompassing>website with interface deployed">accompanied by an e-mail engine to contact all>flightplan authors of its new commissioning.">I look forward to your coordinating all of this; I'm>certain of your success. Thanks a bunch!"Its no wonder you have disabled your profile! :-roll

That's almost as silly as reviving a month-old thread to make a comment to someone who is no longer a member of this forum :-)