Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

737 pilot daily schedule

Hi,I want to know what the daily schedule is for a typical 737 pilot. I am after info on Westjet pilots as I fly for virtual wesyjet but I cant log onto the forms at their site. I think it would be quite interesting to do a whole day of flying like a professional pilot would do but on FS.Thanks for any helpAndy S

Well Andy I guess I can help you out there since i fly for WJ. The days have no rhyme or rhythm. They can vary to having one simple leg taking up to an hour or 6 hrs taking 13 hrs. You can wake up in YVR and up in YYT. We typically fly about 80 hrs a month. Jack

Guest neslesman

And they sure do have a great sense of humour too. LOL

There is no better way of hearing it that from the horses mouth. So Jack could you for example fly YYC-YEG-YHM-YWG-YYC or something similar in one day? I guess that would be quite a heavy day though!;-) Do you mainly operate out from and back to the same base daily? I guess as the legs are realively small there is little point in having crews in hotels over night. Are crews mainly spilt to cover East and West? Would Halifax etc be covered by crews operating out of Toronto and the West coast stuff cover by Calgary and Vancouver (assuming there is a base at YVR)?You are a very luck guy Jack. I have just watched the WJ World Air Routes DVD (dont know if you know about it)and the whole company looks like one awesome place to work. I want to be a comercial pilot when I have graduated from University but as I am from the UK I guess I am stuck with the likes of Ryanair. I have always wanted to go to Canada and the WJ DVD has inspired me to try and make the trip next summer and I will most certainly be flying WJ and would love to maybe meet some of you piots if I get the chance.Thanks for your replyAndy S

Hey again Andy. The pairings are usually 1-5 days long. So far I USUALLY get 4 days pairing meaning I am gone for my base for 4 days. The routing you stated would be quite a trip and not likely since we can only work 14 hr day. BUT you can do a yeg-yyz-yeg in one day for sure. A typical day for me would be something like yyc-yvr-yyc-yyz then overnight then perhaps the next day would be yyz-yhz-yyt. Like i said there is no rhyme or rhythm to it. All pilots are based out of yyc BUT you can live pretty much anywhere you want. We have lots of pilots and flight attendants who commute from yyz. They usually have to commute to YYC to begin their pairing BUT we have started a new virtual base thing which means pairings will start in your home base instead of having to fly all the way to yyc to start your day. This has been very helpful to the crews and makes life a lot easier for them and it helps the company too. WJ is by far the best aviation company I have ever worked for and its where I want to hang my hat. Heck, even air canada called me this morning for an interview but I had to decline. Things are just too good where I am at. Jack