Sign in to follow this  
Guest cloudrider

Schweizer 300CBI is out

Guest cloudrider

Just for those who might be into helos. Just Flights Flying Club Schweizer 300CBI is now available. I'm downloadin' it now.

Guest Shalomar

How is the flight model? Do you have to turn down the realism to keep it from going crazy like the default? And does it ship with a HUD?Best Regards, Donny:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest cloudrider

Hi,There's a problem with the download and they pulled it from their product page. They informed me that a new install will be provided shortly. So I will be patient and keep an eye out for it.

I read a post over at Hover Control that it was going to be a day or so. Really was looking forward to getting it today. Being a holiday, we probably won't see it. I was going to get it last night, but was waiting on responses from other users at Hover Control. The problems started popping up then with installs. I also asked about relective glass in the VC. There is none. The gauges have a reflective type texture, but looking out the windows does not. I was very suprised that a model like this with all the research that was done and detail on this chopper, this was left out in todays day and age? Other than the minor glass thing, it does look really nicely done. The boys at Nemeth have the S76 coming shortly with all the bells and whistles. That one I am very much looking forward to. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Guest cloudrider

Hi Rob,Good news!! She is now available for purchase again at Just Flight.I'm downloading the "fixed" install as I write. I'll post again after I try her out.

Guest cloudrider

Hello again Rob, or should I say "helo" again Rob LOL! Well all I can really say is that I'm lovin' it!! I followed the startup procedures and then engaged the clutch and took to the air. A bit sensitive but with my yoke and pedals I did fine. I flew low around Portland (of course), and practiced dropping her in tight spots as I love to do. I'm getting used to her real quick. This bird is definitely worth the asking price and I'd be willing to pay more to have her. Exterior model is great, animation of parts look good. Interior is great except I would have enjoyed seeing glass reflections in virtual. I highly reccommend adding this to your hangar, for the money, you can't beat it.Try it, you'll like it!! :-rotor

I tried it and I'm liking it :) Very noisy but immersing :) Outside is great esspecially with the animation of the transmission belts..yeah :-beerchugShe flies great, no problem at all. I landed her very precise and more important in one piece (detect damage selected) and it's the first time I managed to land a heli without a problem and under- or overshooting her. So i became a little suspect. Rob Young made the flight dynamics so it -should- be good but are they a bit toned down?Anyhow I'm a happy camper and for around 10 euros or 13 dollars(used my justflight reward points :) ) I could not go wrong.Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest cloudrider

I was unaware that Rob Young did the flight dynamics. Maybe being a helo, he was asked to "tone" it so all could enjoy, without frustration. So many simmers give up on helos because of their inherent, seemingly hard to control, nature. I truly enjoy them and they are the best for exploring detailed sceneries like Portland and Rhode Island. Glad you're enjoying it. Me too!

Hey guys, hope all is well. What settings are you using in realism settings? Just flight recommends the General tab 1 notch below half and I wasn't sure about the others. For all others, I have them all the way right, and General tab, 1 notch left of full right. I find I don't like the way the 300cbi handles with just flights settings, so I wanted to see what others are using. Any suggestions? Thanks for your input.

Guest Shalomar

I am considering getting this bird; and I would like to know the realism settings successfull fliers are using. Do you still have to turn them down?Best Regards, Donny:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Install per instructions as described in manual will work fine. Sliders all the way to right makes helo's much to twitchy.There are different opinions however:More info on settings go to Hovercontrol. More precise here: http://www.hovercontrol.com/artman/publish/article_23.shtmlOr by our own avsim's Steve "Bear" Cartwright: http://www.avsim.com/pages/0604/heli/helitutorial.htmRob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest Shalomar

Now that I have bought the chopper and I do have a manual, I have set it to one notch past middle and am very happy. Thank you for the links; I have yet to find out if this setting will work good for other choppers.In the last two days, I have come further in my helicopter training than ever before; I am now successfully performing every manuever except autorotation (including landing on buildings).Speaking of autorotation; it is nowhere in the manual. Neither are the "avoid zone" graphs. Could I get some tips on autorotating this baby? I have been disengaging the clutch; is that proper procedure? It seems much harder than the FLY II Bell 407 to autorotate; which is my only basis for comparison. I have yet to avoid splatting; though once I accidentally climbed which leads me to believe it may be a tequnique issue.Thanx in advance for any advice. :-beerchug Is anyone else doing autorotations in the Schweiser?Best Regards, Donny:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

I guess autorotations are not modelled in this bird. It seems that the Dodosim helo is the only one. look here: http://64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard...hl=autorotationOr what an other helo simmer wrote on Hovercontrol:"(..) Dodosim did an excellent job replicating torque on their Bell 206. It's extremely rare to have a helicopter in flight sim that has realistic torque effect, and a fairly decent autorotation capability. Bring the aircraft to a hover, then let go of everything. It should start to immediately yaw to the right and spin out of control pretty quickly. Hovering the aircraft without using the pedals should cause it to constantly rotate in circles to the right. As far as autorotations, just fail the engine, then bring the collective full down immediately. I'm not sure of the exact speed, but I'd shoot for around 60 knots. When your coming up on the ground, flair, raise the nose and let the speed bleed off to approximately 20-30 knots, then rock the nose back to level attitude. You should then start to sink in a level attitude for just 10-20 feet, and right before you hit the ground, bring the collective all the way up to cushin the landing. Thats the basic procedure, but it takes practice to get everything timed right. Again, thanks for the little write-up. It's kind of what I suspected. I wish people would let me test fly aircraft like the B206, hughes 269, 300, 500, ect. I'd be more than willing to provide feedback"(http://64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=10270;hl=autorotation)all the Best!Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg