Sign in to follow this  
Guest donniewebb

AI Spotting

Guest donniewebb

Hi, can someone tell how to move tower near active runway for spotting in FS9. Also is it the same for FSX?

hi donniewebb,get the Mobile Tower (aircraft) in the file libraries: mct074rc.zipThis is a 5 level "tower" with ai radar that you position wherever you want. And look at what ever you want. The default tower view can only look at the user aircraft.This Tower "aircraft" can be used with some loss of features in FSX. I don't know if all the gauges still work but it does give you the various elevations to view from. The ability to move the tower in the Map view is GONE in FSX. What also works in FSX is user-coded Camera definitions at whatever lat,long, alt you want. They can be put in the Cameras.cfg for use by all AC, in a specific AC, or added to a saved flight that you would always start up with when spotting at that location. The default camera settings keep the view centered on the user AC but the SDK gives instructions on how to make the camera Pan-able. If a camera definition is placed in the AC config, you can change it on-the-fly, save and then reload the ac and the new adjustments will be seen immediately. Definitions stored in the sim's Cameras.cfg would require the sim to be stopped, edits made, and then restarted. Definitions in the AC config make more sense while you are testing. Hope this helpsLoyd

Even easier1. Start in default Cessna2. S, for VC3. Shift-Enter to slide out the front of the plane.4. Y, then slew to wherever you want to view.5. Instant camera vehicle! 99% of my videos were done using this method.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest donniewebb

Thanks guys that help's a lot. I am testing this out in FS9 for now. I will be installing FSX next week when my new computer is delivered.