Sign in to follow this  
Guest racartron

Loading additional Aircraft Variations

Guest fsfly

Hi all, Can someone explain how I can add additional variations for an aircraft? I downloaded the IFDG 757-200 in American Airlines "Astro-Jet" paint scheme, and installed it with no problems. Then I downloaded Ben Hewitt's repaint with the current American Airlines paint scheme, Ben's download does not contain any instructions on how to install his repaint, other than to say that the "base" IFDG 757 must be installed. How do I add Ben's repaint without "deleting" or "overwriting" the files that are already installed? My ultimate goal is to have both paint versions of this aircraft in my FS2002 aircraft folder. Thanks for your help, Joe

Guest racartron

Piece of cake if you are comfortable going into the aircraft.cfg file and making a couple modifications.Use Note pad or similar.1) Make a copy of the first section in the cfg file that begins [fltsim=0} and paste it at the end of the first section. 2) Increment the fltsim=0 to fltsim=1. 3) Then change the title line to something reflecting the new livery.4) Change texture= to Texture=AA (or whatever the new unzipped texture folder is called.5) Further down the new section you will find ui_variation=American Airlines Astrojet or similiar. Change this to reflect the new airplane. 6) Save and close the cfg file.When you unzipped the download in the first place you should have a folder called texture=astro or similar. Simply drop this folder into the main original iFDG Astro folder and you are done.This process works for any number of liveries. I have some planes with 40 plus liveries. Just make sure the fltsim=xx numbers are in an uninterrupted sequence. If FS2K2 detects a gap, none of the liveries after the gap will show up. Not a good thing.Hope this is clear as I don't know your level of experience with modifying files.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what.

Guest fsfly

Racartron, thanks for the info, yes, I am comfortable with making those modifications to the aircraft.cfg file. Thanks again, Joe

Guest racartron

Oops, looks like the something was dropped in the first line.Here's an example of what a typical cfg should look like. In this case I changed the ui_manufacturer to iFDG. Since I have a ton of this flavor, I prefer to have them show up in FS select panel as iFDG. Did the same thing for FFX/SGA and MelJet[fltsim.0]title=iFDG - Boeing 757-200 (RR) - No Name Airlinessim=iFDG_RR_RB_535_E4model=panel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=G-IFDGatc_airline=JETFLYatc_flight_number=21atc_heavy=0ui_manufacturer=iFDGui_type=Boeing 757-200ui_variation=No Name Airlinesdescription=iFDG Boeing 757-200 - RRnA converted FSDS to gMax design featuring the latest "eye-candy" such as Alpha based Texture Maps, Light-Based Texture Maps, Opening doors, high-resolution texture.nThank-you for using our model.niFDG Team .2002[fltsim.1]title=America West 757-200sim=iFDG_RR_RB_535_E4model=panel=sound=texture=awkb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=G-IFDGatc_airline=CACTUSatc_flight_number=21atc_heavy=0ui_manufacturer=iFDGui_type=Boeing 757-200ui_variation=America Westdescription=iFDG Boeing 757-200 - RRnA converted FSDS to gMax design featuring the latest "eye-candy" such as Alpha based Texture This paticular cfg has 10 liveries.BTW, you will note I call the first one No Name Airlines. Actually that is the paint version -- no specific airline livery but all the functional details. I don't repaint but it's cool to have a plain white bird flying around. Makes folks wonder who you are 8>)Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what.