Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Flying School (BETA)

Check out this new Flying School (BETA) http://www.fsflyingschool.com/ - for FS2002, 2004 and FSX The programme installed easily and comes with a good manual. In fact the manual is so detailed that I skipped most of it and went flying. But after only one flight, I can see that I am going to have to read it fully. The BETA only allows flying around the Chicago area - but that is enough to test it out. It worked flawlessly for me. The Instructor knows what phase of flight you are in and offers helpful suggestions - and not so helpful criticisms if you do anything that he doesn't like. There are a number of instructors to choose from if you don't like any particular one. On my flight form O'Hare to Meigs, he didn't like the fact that I applied brakes while taxying - well only because I still had power applied. He didn't mind my landing nice and smooth he said - but noted that I hadn't landed on the centreline and wanderered over the runway after landing. He didn't give me a very good score unfortunately. The instructor brought along his annoying kid on the ride - kept asking when we were going to get there, and what does this switch do and is there going to be a movie.Barry

. . .you're a str-a-a-ange man, Rob. .:-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest JeffPreston

>Check out this new Flying School (BETA)>http://www.fsflyingschool.com/ - for FS2002, 2004 and FSX >>The programme installed easily and comes with a good manual.>In fact the manual is so detailed that I skipped most of it>and went flying. But after only one flight, I can see that I>am going to have to read it fully. The BETA only allows flying>around the Chicago area - but that is enough to test it out.>It worked flawlessly for me. The Instructor knows what phase>of flight you are in and offers helpful suggestions - and not>so helpful criticisms if you do anything that he doesn't like.>There are a number of instructors to choose from if you don't>like any particular one. On my flight form O'Hare to Meigs, he>didn't like the fact that I applied brakes while taxying ->well only because I still had power applied. He didn't mind my>landing nice and smooth he said - but noted that I hadn't>landed on the centreline and wanderered over the runway after>landing. He didn't give me a very good score unfortunately.>The instructor brought along his annoying kid on the ride ->kept asking when we were going to get there, and what does>this switch do and is there going to be a movie.>>BarryThanks for taking a look at FSFlyingSchool. FSFlyingSchool is pretty demanding, but we've got lots of testers who are enjoying it enormously and flying flights with no criticism from the instructor. The idea is to keep the virtual pilot on his/her toes and encourage the kind of flying that would be expected in the real world.Users get the most out of FSFlyingSchool if they read the manual and handle the aircraft in such a manner that passengers are neither ill nor terrified at the end of the flight and the aircraft is still in good shape. We've put a lot of work into the manual and it would be a great shame for a user not to read it and write off the program because features are confusing or misinterpreted.FSFlyingSchool is about airmanship, the handling of the plane. It is not about checklists or operating the FMC... Of course you can still do this, (we do), but this is not the reason we built this add-on. We want virtual pilots to think about what they are doing to themselves, their passengers, their aircraft, ATC and the traffic they are sharing the virtual skies with. We resisted the temptation to include a vomit wav file, but users could supply their own if desired. It can be very easy to get reasonable landing, flight, circuit and airmanship challenge scores when flying a simple plane in dead calm weather

Thanks for the elaborate explanation. But it all boils down to a simple fact to try the public beta and after that you just want one thing: release the the darn program becuase it's great and I don wanna fly anymore above the Chicago area. Thanks,Rob

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest JeffPreston

OK Rob - we'll just have to release the darned program.Chicago is my kind of town, but we can't leave you stuck in a holding pattern!All the best - Jeff

:) Yeah you made me a happy camper. And now for the 100 dollar question.......ETA? Price? Gonna buy it anyway but I'd like to share these things with my wife ;)Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest JeffPreston

Rob:I am sure I should not broadcast commerical information here on AVSIM's splendid site and so, in an attempt to be considerate, but also answer your questions, I can recommend the FAQ on the FSFlyingSchool site. That also has the advantage of being updated with any changes we need to make to release dates and details.Thanks!Jeff

Guest JohnPaulJones

Rob,You've only got 5 more days to wait!John.

Great news! So let's do some mat....november 29th, five more days so it will be monday december 4th....:-yellow1Looking forward to it, but uhhmm why not this weekend :-haloRob

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest JeffPreston

Rob:Why not this weekend? Well - someone has to go to Birmingham to check out all that lovely stuff... ;)How about you?All the best - Jeff

OK..this seems to basic training.Are they planning to have IFR training? NDB approaches, VOR/DEM approaches, doing an IFR x-country from start to finish, filing flight plan, getting clearences etc?Are these in the works?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter