Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crimguy

Digital Aviation Do-27

Guest Crimguy

I've had the Dornier Do-27 for about a week now. I think I've tried just about everything out there. While I can't comment to the flight model's accuracy (who in the United States can?), this is in my opinion one of the finest packages I've come across.I did a VFR flight out of Pearson OR to take the river inland (the Dornier is equipped with only one VOR, and a flaky one at that). Weather conditions deteriorated rapidly about 30 miles in. After the rain and clouds socked me in, I started getting freezing conditions (rain plus -6 degrees C). Airspeed/VS/ and Altitude kinda screwed up so I knew the pitot/static system was screwed. I hit the heat, but started worrying about wing ice accumulation (does FS even simulate it?). Turning around I made it back to Portland, but not before almost colliding with the mountains to the south. I had to follow the coast road to find my way (didn't have an oregon sectional).Between Active Sky 6, FZ Portland, and the Dornier, it was an incredible flight.When I got back I managed to fry the pitot tube and needed a refill of oil + a cleaning of the windscreen.This one gets my vote for GA aircraft of the year.

I agree 100%. Just got the Do-27 and flying around Portland w/ FZPortland on ASv6 is something to experience.The vibration effect is superb. I'm not normally a GA-guy and my only other GA addons are the Aeroworx B200 and RA SF260 (both awsome), but this new Do-27 is a gem. After experiencing the shortcomings of FS10, I'm back to FS9 for good, even recently upgraded the scenery to GE2006 to make it visually applealing as FS10 (still lacks the nice water effects but oh well).PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest cloudrider

I'm with you both. The immersion factor is incredible with this aircraft, combined with Portland, Active Sky, GE Pro, and of course, Track IR4. IMO it doesn't get much better than this. I'm lovin' it. My wife says I even lean on turns!. She laughs at me. LOL

It's the ultimate aircraft in the ultimate environment in the ultimate scenery. Add UTUsa and Holger's River Gorge on top of it. The combination of theese five high class addons, really makes FS9 as real as it gets. And to quote Paul Scott Bartelt:"Real flight sim come in a tin box on 4 CD's"

Rune B.

I agree totally. I took the plunge on this plane after reading posts like these, and man am I glad I did! I love the skydiver feature--just wish you could actually see them like you can see the co-pilot! I can't understand what they are saying when you get near the "drop zone." Anybody know?? I also have the Flightzone Portland scenery, and the realism factor using these two addons together is way, way up. Does anyone have the first Flightzone scenery, Rhode Island? I'm really tempted to get that one after flying around Portland for the past week!Paul

Yup! Have 'em both. Go get it. Also the add-on ANG Herks. Having had Rhode Island for half a year, getting Portland was a no-brainer. Both packages have "personality". Rhode Island will also give you a jumping point to many other great sceneries, (such as George Grimshaw's Boston). These two packages + the Dornier - and the Safir have revolutionized my GA simming. For the last three weeks I've been hangared at Pearson, doing basic circuits with crosswinds at Hillsboro, with the Dornier: doing the same with the Safir, plus ocasionally going up to 8000 to carry out some stalls and spin entries while in 60 degree banks. The Dornier is too docile for anything more than a soft, mushy stall - but that Safir! - you gotta be reeeel careful. It's got a good bite, and if you're too low you're gone. First (sim) aeroplane I've been in where the spin rate actually increases after a turn or two. Both TOP aeroplanes and SUPERB value for money.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Yah, Bert; it's all your fault. I wouldn't have known about it. Now I'm just having TOOO much pleasure! I just can't seem to get away from FS9. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Golly, Gee! ;-):-lol

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest Crimguy

Yeah, your review came out the morning after I bought the package.