Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

forget FSX, but full sliders in FS9??

Guest CyberSimmer

One more Gig of ram should help a great deal if you are looking for a qwik and fairly cheap solution! My system is very simular to yours and I can maintain 20fps with all my addons, and all sliders maxed! On occasion I may have to tone down the autogen a tad depending on what I'm flying.Addons:Active Sky 6Ground Environment ProUltimate Terrain U.S.A.Flight EnvironmentVarious other payware HeaviesOf course gotta have something for G.A. like the Glassair IIIAsus P800SE moboPentium 4 HT 3.0ghz - 3.4 ocNvidia GeForce 6800GT Oc'ed 5%2gig Corsair 400mhz Dual Channel Ram2x Maxtor 80G 7200 rpm hardrivesCreative Soundblaster Live 2419" Samsung SyncMaster LCD

Guest LAzerxxx

Hey Mike, As you can see by my specs (below with sig.) I have an AGP system and I can run FS9 with all my sliders maxed out, frames locked at 24 (24FPS being the film studio standard FPS for motion pictures) and it stays locked on that 95% of the time. The other 5% is when I am flying into or out of KATL, only because of it being MegaCity USA 2005. My other add-ons include:Traffic 2005 (slider at 66%, any higher and I would be sitting in line for an hour waiting to get airborne out of KATL)PMDG 747-400 QOTSJust Flight C-130PSS Concorde ProfessionalCarenado Cessna 206B Captain Sim Legendary 727Captain Sim C-130 (Hardly ever use it though, don't like the fact that I can't use the Just Flight liveries with it)Airliner PilotI have FSX Deluxe, but I'm not happy with it. Like everyone else, I'm finding I will have to wait on Vista and DX10 to come out before I even start to build my next system, which I hope to be able to get twin 8800GTX's in that bad boy, but that alone is gonna run around $1300 just for the GPU's.:-eek .Anyways specs are below.

Guest guyon

I have a P4 3.4GHz, with Nvidia 7800GS video card, and upgraded to 2GB RAM to try to get FSX to run acceptably. And following about 3 weeks of frustration and tweaks, I have managed it... BUT same as you, against FS9 with AS 6.5, GE Pro, and my add-on aircraftFeelThere ERJ145Rick Piper Freeware HS748 (as good as payware products!)FFS SAAB 340I get excellent visuals (better than FSX in a lot of places actually) at the high FPS I need to experience a realistic flight experience, and I just found I drifted back to FS9 kinda naturally, and have stayed there for a week.I haven't uninstalled FSX yet, but I think I may do this soon - I'm pretty fed up with it, can't figure out how I'd upgrade to a PC that would run it well enough to even think about purchasing 3rd party add-ons for it..But I'm not going to moan too much - FS9 is great, and FSX has helped me to rediscover it - I managed to find a couple of great FS9 tweaks that I wouldn't have been aware of if FSX hadn't come out and got me searching around for tips and tricks....IMO I think a lot of people will stick with FS9 for a long while yet.

Guest LAzerxxx

Agreed Guyon, I know I won't be re-installing FSX until my new comp gets built and that's a good way down the road. But for now I am very happy with my FS9.I hope to be able to build one with the new 8 series cards from Nvidia, 2 of them, the eVGA 6600 660i mobo and about 8 gigs of RAM. Of course by then I'll prolly be able to put 4 graphix cards in a system, with the way they're progressing. Anyway, like I said, A LONG TIME down the road.

Guest Eek

>Traffic 2005 (slider at 66%, any higher and I would be sitting>in line for an hour waiting to get airborne out of KATL)That would be "as real as it gets". :-hah ~EwingKATLMSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz2GB Corsair PC-3200 512x4 Dual Channel CL2.5 DDR DIMM eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3Sound Blaster Audigy LSOCZ Powerstream 420WWinXPPro (SP1)

Guest LAzerxxx

I hear ya Ewing. I've only flown out of KATL one time, and that was as a pax. I live in the flight path and know they are coming out or going in about every 30-45 seconds or less, sometimes. It was very hectic this past weekend. Non stop.But as for turning it up anymore, I would go to sleep waiting my turn....lmao.