Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

HSI Heading Bug & Reverse thrust

How does one set the heading bug on an HSI? How does one engage reverse thrust on a jet after landing? I've been flying the Jet City Aircraft B717-200 a lot lately but can't figure out how to do either of the above while flying the aircraft...

Guest RonB49

>How does one set the heading bug on an HSI?Probaly via the autopilot heading or course knob (I don't remember which).>How does one engage reverse thrust on a jet after landing?Press F1 to reduce the throttle to 0, then press and hold F2.R-

Thanks for the response! The user's manual for the Project Fokker aircraft mentioned using F2 to engage reverse thrust but I wasn't sure if this was unique to Project Fokker or if it applied to all jet aircraft.I haven't observed the heading bug move on the HSI when I set the course in the autopilot so I think it must be something else. In the old DOS ATP simulator you clicked on a corner (the lower right if I recall correctly) to move the heading bug to the desired heading (but this doesn't work in FS either)....Scott

Guest neslesman

Unless I'm missing something here you simply adjust the heading bug with the knob on the lower right corner, can't remember the name of it, probably the "HSI heading bug adjustment knob". If you set the AP to "heading" it will track the course that the bug is manually set for. If you set the AP for "navigate" it will sometimes set the heading bug automatically, sometimes it will just fly the correct heading and ignores the bug.

On an airliner glass panel, you typically adjust the HDG knob on the glareshield near the autopilot.Try the default Boeing 737 as an example.On a mechanical HSI, you typically adjust a knob in the bottom corner of the display itself.

Bert