Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Amazon rainforest looks like English countryside

Guest ThrottleUp

Please could someone help as I cant seem to find a solution to this! Its not a *huge* problem but solving it will certainly increase immersion in FS9.Im flying a lot a South America at the moment, as I type this Im over the Amazon rainforest and cant help but throw up as I look down a patchwork of fields that make it seem that you are flying over the Oxfordshire countryside in England http://www.nextgenerationrecords.co.uk/boa...es/icon_eek.gifIf any of you know of a freeware or payware application that gives you nice green rainforest with dense trees I would be very grateful! Havent had any luck searching lol...I have to say that what you see in FS9 when over the Amazon is what it will look like if the deforestation rate continues :(Thanxx!!!! :)

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,Isn't it said that the Amazon rainforest is losing an area the size of Wales every week? Year?? Whatever. Maybe MS has actually got it about right! no, - that seems unlikely from the posts about frame rates in FSX.Maybe you are flying over a deforested bit?! It must be about the size of Europe altogether.Andy.ps. www.borisforero.com just saw this, but I think it's payware.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi again, I just typed in 'Brazil' and got 75 responses and some may be foresty bits!Andy.

Guest ThrottleUp

Thanx lemonadedrinker Im checking out that site now!!!!!!!! :)

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi Throttleup Nevin,As an aside slightly, do you have problems with the default mesh in South America? The reason I ask is that I have found that in a huge part of S A,in Brazil and over through Chile etc, the landscape flattens as you get to it, except for the lakes and rivers which are left 2000ft up above this wierd flat landscape. That search using 'Brazil' was here at Avsim.Andy.

Guest ThrottleUp

The answer was staring me in the face all the time!VOZ :)If you VOZ the North area you get lush green tropical rainforest textures in Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, Bolivia & Peru! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Thr...Up/VozRules.jpg--->>Andy - I use FS Global Worldwide mesh so I dont see that problem! But before that I was using some freeware mesh I had found online (forgotten the name)..and that did not give any problems either...hope u fix your problem :)

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi Nevin,That looks pretty good there now!I may d/l some freeware mesh and see if that helps. Thanks .Andy.

Guest Water Mango

"If you VOZ the North area"I'm not following you here... :-( Are you saying if you use the VOZ scenery for Australia it'll improve South America??? That's the only 'VOZ' I'm familiar with...

Yes, how it works is as follows:Vista Australis covers Australia, now in our state called Queensland we have tropical rainforests so if you "VOZ" your FS selecting the North option in the "VOZ Switcher" what will happen is that any rainforest on Earth will take on the characteristics of "VOZ North"... which in effect is rainforest and voila .... perfect ;)

I don't know about Chris but I'm impressed... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest ThrottleUp

JayKae took the words out of my mouth! Thats exactly what I meant :)