Sign in to follow this  
gavi25

Sick to death with FS9 probs

Hi there, like many of u i keep having performance probs with FS9, frame rates are crap and is now doin my head in.Today I have moved the sliders to the left a bit, installed my addon aircraft with dxt3 texture repaints instead and reduced traffic to 30%.The frame rates are still crap even with all this adjustment, and feel like tearing my hair out.Anyone got any suggestions?Kind RegardsGavin Moss

Guest PARADISE

I agree with Jim, we need your system specs. What are " crap " frame rates? Did you de-frag after installing your add ons? What were your frame rates before you installed add-ons? We are willing to help, but we need more information.John M

hi how stupid of me to forget to give my spec, sorry, here they are:Maximum Memory Capacity: 2048MB Currently Installed Memory: 1536 MB Available Memory Slots: 1 Number of Banks: 3 Dual Channel Support: No CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel CPU Family: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.40GHz Model 3, Stepping 4 CPU Speed: 3400 MHz Graphics: NVIDIA FX5500My current frame rates are around 9Kind RegardsGavin Moss

Guest Fortress

>Today I have moved the sliders to the left a bit..try moving to the left a bit more...

1). Get MemStatus:http://www.programmersheaven.com/download/5759/download.aspx - to check how well your system and video memory is being managed; 2). I reckon you can use a better video card - the 5500 is a bit dated - and is already a low-end card anyway.3). There are a ton of tweaks for FS9 on this site. You need to do a search; compile a document with all you find, and then start applying them.Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.