Sign in to follow this  
Guest BAW843

A way round the sudden FS9 FPS problem

Guest BAW843

Hi All,I too have recently started to receive the bizarre frame rate problem that so many of us are experiencing. I have been to *!!* and back in order to try and resolve this very annoying issue, I originally presumed this was an MS update that was causing the problem but very quickly narrowed it down to FS.Ok so what is in the heart of FS that makes it 'tick' yes you guessed it FS9.cfg file.I have changed this so many times over the last year and had FS9 running very well on my machine. (eveytime I update the cfg file I save a copy so I decided to delete the current cfg file and let FS build a new one.I then ran the sim and thou and behold the FPS were back at a reasonable level. I then added back bit by bit the extra tweaks that we have all come to love, I can now say that FS is back to what is was... ! :-) :-)Hope this helps anyone else who is experiencing these nightmare situations.Give it a go 'what have you to loose'...?CheersPHILp.s. my cfg file is attached.

Guest BAW843

I am surprised nobody has replied to my message, has it helped anyone...?CheersPHIL

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,I'd d/loaded the Vista checking Prog and I think that caused some problems-- at start-up I had a white bar that appeared at the bottom the screen before the Windows logo etc and all my 'pages' opened small and you had to click them to full screen size. I did a system restore which cost some time to sort out after but the rest seems back to as it was before. Maybe.Whether it was that that caused my texture problems as well I don't know, but I am developing a suspicious nature.Andy.added: I wonder whether that Vista program is to 'help' MS decide whether a patch is worthwhile or not for FSX as so many have problems with framerates and the vista thing might give them a rough idea of the potential market or not etc etc.A.