Sign in to follow this  
strider

Anyone gotten "meatwaters" CIVA instasll to work in the CS 707?

I've tried and I've tried but I cannot get "Meatwaters" CIVA INS install, for the 707, to ACTUALLY control the CaptainSim 707? Has anyone else gotten this to work?? It has no "errors" but it will not control the aircraft. If you have it working, please let me know HOW! Vic

As far as I know, Captain Sim's 707 and 727 cannot be controlled by the CIVA INS. This was the case years ago and I don't think anything has changed.

Graeme Butler

HMMmm...that's odd as Meatwater made this install of the Civa unit specifically for the CS 707? I'll go look at the CS site (Groan!) LOL. If anyone else has it working...please let me know how? I had my elevator and aileron AP switches ON and my AP "Heading" mode on (not VOR) and one of the 3 CIVA units in "NAV" mode. Should work AFAIK. Thanks. Vic

Guest JTEK99

Strider:Here's the quote from CapSim's website:----------------Q: How to install an authentic triple INS configuration to your Captain Sim 707 aircraft (by Nick).A: Here's a quick and easy way for you to install an authentic triple INS configuration to your Captain Sim 707 aircraft! Please download the file. NOTE: you *must* download and install the Delco Carousel IV-A gauges first www.simufly.com This package will modify all different panel variants of both the cargo and passenger version. All gauges are correctly placed in the virtual cockpit, and a custom panel window has been added displaying the new, modified center pedestal with radar, transponder, ADF radios and three CDUs. To linkt the Delco Carousel IV-A to the 707 autopilot system, press the GPS link button on the main panel and select HDG on the autopilot. Once engaged, it will follow commands issued by the CDUs.-----------------Don't know if you caught that part about pressing "the GPS link button on the main panel". Thought maybe it would help.

You, my friend, are a lifesaver!! No...I did not catch that bit about the GPS button. Sheesh, what a maroon! (that should date me pretty well...Bugs Bunny.). Y'know...99% of my problems are caused by not "catching" parts of a document, read me, etc. Thanks! NAT routes, here we come! Vic

Guest JTEK99

>You, my friend, are a lifesaver!! No...I did not catch that>bit about the GPS button. Sheesh, what a maroon! (that should>date me pretty well...Bugs Bunny.).>> Y'know...99% of my problems are caused by not "catching">parts of a document, read me, etc.>> Thanks! NAT routes, here we come!Vic:Holy moley! I thought I was the only who said "maroon"! (I'm a Looney Tunes fan who can quote ad infinitum from the series) Hehe. Vision of a Penguin crying ice cubes come to mind right now. ("Hoboken!??!?!")Glad to be of some help. That CIVA unit is fantastic. Enjoy it!J.