Sign in to follow this  
John_Tavendale

Geforce FX card?

Bigshot I have a few questions about the 9700 Pro. I'm going to start a new thread, I'd appreciate it if you'd come talk to me over there.:)Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest ront1

I have a Radeon 9500PRO in my PC and I like it a lot. Plays all I want to and looks great doing it.Ron

I "upgraded" from a Ge4 TI4600 to an ATI 9700 Pro. This card does indeed give better performance and visual quality...BUT..there are indeed stability issues yet to be resolved IMHO. For example, the Infinite Loop rears it's ugly little head now and then. When there is a crash, you can bet that Windows XP will report that it's due to the ATI driver.I'm using Catalyst 3.1 drivers with fast writes off and have yet to get this card 100% stable. My card even has the latest BIOS (8.004, I think it is).Also:Soyo Dragon Ultra MotherboardP4 2.8, not overclocked.1 Gig PC2700 RAMLatest Via Hyperion DiversIf any of you guys with a 100% stable ATI card have any ideas, I'd love to hear'em. I certainly did not have these issues with a Ge4.Trying hard to love my 9700,Mark

It's kind of like AMD vs Intel.In this case, Nvidia is AMD and Radeon is Intel. Nvidia like AMD have done bugger all apart from paper releases and had a few reviews done, they keep putting releases back. Radeon is like Intel, they have the goods out there, people are using them and Nvidia sit back watching their sales drop.I don't think the FX is going to be anything special myself.Until their mass produced cards are available, I wouldn't draw any conclusions. Thats why I'm making my next purchase a Radeon 9700

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers