Sign in to follow this  
Guest 240zste

Dropped like a stone ?

Guest 240zste

Hi there, I have just been onto the RealAir website to check the coming soon section, and at the bottom of the description of the features etc it says "compatability: FSX". No mention of Fs9 anywhere. Are developers really going to turn there backs on all us fs9 users so soon ? or am I just over reacting.

>Hi there, I have just been onto the RealAir website to check>the coming soon section, and at the bottom of the description>of the features etc it says "compatability: FSX". No mention>of Fs9 anywhere. Are developers really going to turn there>backs on all us fs9 users so soon ? or am I just over>reacting.Putting it another way....If the new RealAir Duke is as frame rate friendly as past RealAir creations, I'd rather fly it in FSX anyday! Other than that, the website say's FSX compatible, which doesn't rule out FS9.L.Adamson

If you are concerned, why not ask the developer? While I am sticking with fs9 for the foreseeable future, add-on developers owe us nothing as far as future add-ons. It will really come down to how much work is involved with making add-ons compatible with both sims. I don't know how much is different between the two sims, but it comes down to time. What you can do is let developers know (politely) that you are a customer who is sticking with fs9 and ask them to consider making their products compatible with both. However, I am prepared for a big letdown. I'm not expecting many more payware add-ons for fs9 at this point. Although this weekend I was browsing the library and found 20 or so freeware airports that I haven't tried yet in fs9. They weren't "new", but they were certainly new to me.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

If they turn there back on FS9 at this particular moment then they will probably loose money.If they start to support FSX then FSX will hopefully have been made a fully functional sim for all and then we probably wont worry to much about dear old FS9cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

>"I'm not expecting many more payware add-ons for fs9 at this point."Eaglesoft will continue building for FS9 for at least 18 months and we suspect that others will likely do the same. FS9 is a very viable platform and it makes no sense for developers to abandon it.The catch is that developers need to offer FS9 and/or FSX versions and may need to offer Vista versions though the jury is still out on that idea:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Quoting from the web-site:"This aircraft is being designed from the ground up to take advantage of all the new features made available in FSX"You may be correct in your concern.. :-(

Bert