Sign in to follow this  
sapper

printing a flight plan im fs9

I wonder if anybody can help me. I seem to have lost the function to print the flight plan in fs. I have done a search but to no avail.thank you for any help.

hellomake sure that internet explorer is set as the default browserif firefox or any other browser is set as default the navlog will not print

Not true. I use Foxfire and mine print. Unfortunately it wants to print via Word (have no idea why). That does not bother me a great deal, as I rarely print via FS directly, and do my planning and printing via FSNav.

helloSo yours does not work correctly either?, FS9 does not need Word in order to print. what your setup is doing is trying to use Word in the absence of IE being registered as the default browser in order to print HTMLFS9 uses functions from IE in order to print HTML correctlyI also use firefox but it is not registered with the OS as the default browser.There is a difference between using a third party browser and having it registered as the default app.Now i have offered the original poster a solution which will work.You on the other hand have no solution and dont even know why your own system is calling MS Word.

>You on the other hand have no solution and dont even know why>your own system is calling MS Word.No, I was simply stating that I do print the plan from FS w/default Firefox via Word. And FS has defaulted to Word automatically. I assume most folks have Word these days. So, I'm not sure the absence of IE is the only issue here.As I said, it really does not matter to me (quite frankly), as I use FSNav, and it spools directly to my printer. I just wanted to correct your statement is all.Have a nice day.

HelloThanks for your concern, but my statement was correct in the fist placecheck with MS if you dont believe me.Now tell me which is the most elegant solution for a flight sim setupa: set your default browser to IE and print as MS intendedb: install a massivly bloated office suite instead.No brainer really

Well gee, I actually use my computer for work as well as FS...contract writing, cost estimates, spread sheets, etc. I don't find that a useless 'bloated office suite'. For me, it is necessary to my business in order to afford my FS addiction (among other things, like my mortgage, Ultilities, etc) ;) Besides, MS Offoce is 160 MB, and my FS directory is well over 60 GB. If something is 'bloated' on my system, it sure isn't Office :DSorry if I offended.Besides, I detest IE. ;)

Guest Eek

Firefox is my default browser and I can print from FS without using another app.Sounds like your printer setup to me. You might want to check your printer's options.~EwingKATLMSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz2GB Corsair PC-3200 512x4 Dual Channel CL2.5 DDR DIMM eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3Sound Blaster Audigy LSOCZ Powerstream 420WWinXPPro (SP1)

Yea, I've checked. Nada.As I say, I never use the built-in FS planner, but FSNav instead. So it really isn't worth trying to figure out for me. It did works at one time though (spooling directly to the printer). I have no idea what happened.

Guest lemonadedrinker

You've had a lot of replies but you've not come back. Did you mean from the flight plan window you cannot get it to print, or something else?Andy.

Guest khaehl

Is it possible that you are using fsautostart, and you have stopped the print spooler? Can you alt-tab out of fs9 and print anything else (like a text file)?

FS9 flight plans don't print for me. Doesn't work with Firefox as my default brower, didn't work before I ever got it when IE was my default brower. Does not matter if I'm using fsautostart or not. Printer is setup correctly, everything else prints, 'print flight plan' button in fs9 does absolutely nothing.So, when I need the waypoints and airways to program an fmc, I just open the navigation log and write the airways and waypoint id's down... Saves paper (and ink) that way too, can fit multiple flights on one page, printing the flight plan on a flight with many waypoints could be multiple pages... :)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE