Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffp

Duplicate AI planes

Guest cliffp

My traffic has began to show duplicate AIaircraft - like flying in formation. Planesare Lear Jet, Cessna 182, Mooney etc. All GAaircraft. I have VOZ AI loaded as well as Ultimate Traffic. Have looked for dups butstill have these twins. Taffic set at 75%Any thoughts on whatto do next. See pic for example. TIA

Hi Cliff,The first thing I'd recommend is use the traffictoolbox explorer from the SDK and see if I had matching flight, tail numbers and schedules for a large number of AC. This would suggest a duplicate file somewhere.Since FS9 can fly AI from ANY active scenery directory, the next thing I would do is a windows search on your fs9 folder for any file containing the word 'traffic'. You could have a duplicate file somewhere other than the default sceneryworldscenery. I'd be looking for files with identical sizes, for instance, and not just similar names. If this doesn't turn up anything, MOVE all known traffic files to the desktop or elsewhere out of the fs9 folder and see if any traffic at all shows up. If it does, then it has to be there somewhere... if the skies are empty, start adding traffic back ONE at a time until the duplicates show up - and you would have identified your secret 'twin'.Hope this helps.Loyd

Hi,You may already know but one of the options with Ultimate Traffic is for it to tell you what "flight plan" and "container" is associated with a particular aircraft. I have that problem everyonce in a while because I hvae more than on flight plan calling for the same AI.Along with what has been suggested you may wish to activate these features when you see it. Hope this helpsBest regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)HP Media CenterPentium D 2.80 GHz2.00 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce 6200SEConexant Falcon II NTSCXP SP2

Guest Zlaned

Is this situation just around airports?Not sure how UT works but if the spacing between aircraft is close as you say, maybe you could try AISmooth to seperate the aircraft.Think you can download that here at AVSIM.RegardsZlaned