Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

How to add AI Aircraft

Guest dajackman

I would like to have more traffic at my local airport to better simulate real conditions. Anyone know how to add more ai aircraft? I downloaded afcad but the docs didn't spell out if it could do it, I didn't want to mess anything up so I didn't mess around too much with it. Am I in the right place? Thanks for the help!

You are in the right place, afcad is used to add parking to your airport, also what you need is traffic tool v2.02, to add flight plans to your airport. I am not sure if you can find it here at avsim but you can get it at flightsim.com for sure. Just read the readme file, which is rather long, but that should help you.As far as using afcad to add parking spots, I believe it makes a copy of the orignial airport, so you can go back to it if you mess things up. Plus it would not hurt to do a search in the FSX forum for info on adding AI traffic, since that used to be the FS9 forum. I am sure you could find alot of useful information by doing that.Hope this helps.Glenn

Just a side thought, be sure that the traffic slider in the setup is 100% to receive the maximum number of AI aircraft that is available. Which airport are you refering to by the way? Is it a regional, county, national or international? Som of the flight plan sites such as WoI will add major air traffic to largr airports.Also, are you using FS9 or FSX?

Guest dajackman

Thanks for the responses. The airport is KRMN (Stafford VA) regional. It was kinda new when fs9 cam out and since then the airport has a lot more real traffic then back then. That may explain the amount of traffic in fs9. Thanks again.