Sign in to follow this  
Guest ariel2004

ATC & user aircraft parking?

Guest ariel2004

Hi:I have been experimenting with AFCAD for a while now, and I have been able to design a few airports so that the ATC direct all my AI aircraft (from Flight 1

This is a well-known limitation of the default ATC; it doesn't recognize your plane as being other than a generic plane without a definite airline designation. Using Radar Contact will help, but you still have to tell RC where you want to park before you start it up. i.e. in RC there's a parking box where you would put in for KLAS, gate C20, then when you contact ground, RC will tell you to taxi to C20. Better, but not perfect. In fact, C20 maybe be already occupied! RC will just parrot back the info you gave it. Mike

Guest GA Flyer

I too was disappointed when I discovered that. What I did was at the fields I parked the most I would create a parking spot and then give it a different ramp name like "Northwest parking". That way when you contact ground and have the options of taxi to gate, ramp or northwest parking. Pick northwest parking and taxi to your spot.Not the best but a work around. I wonder if this got fixed in FSX?