Sign in to follow this  
Guest GA Flyer

My new sim (with pics)

Guest GA Flyer

Andy,I had to black in his eyes since the flash made them red so thats why his pupils look so big.Jim,His name is Killington and he is of all things a bird dog "Brittany". THe joke is that he has started learning to fly so that he can catch those birds that fly away!! I only got the idea for the photo when I saw the jacket a friend had since I was building my sim at the time.

Hi, Questions re your rig.....Wieght of trailor?Tongue wieght?Horsepower of your xtrail?Fuel economy and range on a tank of fuel while towing?Hope you don't mind all the questions. Wouldn't mind a similar setup leaving just enough room to get my m'cycle inside and go travelling in the winter. Your setup looks pretty livable. Thanks,Dave

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,<<>>He's a lovely looking dog and I'm sure that if he wants/needs to sleep he will!!I'm still amazed at your rig!Andy.

Guest GA Flyer

Dave,The Xterra is mine but I dont have any plans on using it to haul the trailer. Where I live in New England as long as the trailer is attached to a vehicle then you can park it on the street indefinately. I have a small boat and the loop hole is I can call that my place of residence but actually I live in the trailer right there on the street.I got the idea about the trailer because Im tired of living with room mates and housing cost are crazy (saving money for a real place until then). THe utility trailer is a great idea because it doesnt look like your "camping".With the generator, sim, batteries, propane tanks, and wood that frames the bed all forward of the axle its pretty tounge heavy. The Xterra is rated at 500lbs tounge weight. You could design the trailer to be hauled when designing it but I didnt go that route.THe trailers empty weight 3500 and its gross weight is 7000lbs.The trailer is very livable since its insulated and I have it equiped well. Heres a shot looking out of the sim towards the back of the trailer.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162425.jpgNext is the kitchen area. (The sink is under the middle counter top that pops off).http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162426.jpgThis shot shows the shower in the back and there a fifty five gallon water drum under that silver box. I got the idea from FS and the piper cub for a water gauge which is that wooden pole/stick thats on a float to monitor water levels. The water pump/heater is on top by Coleman and this pic was before I installed a cowling around it to exhaust the carbon monoxside out (very important)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162427.jpgall pic were taken before I finished it but the idea of having my own sim was the center point of its design. Doing a flight in it during a Nor'easter blow is very immursive!

What do the people around you think about you living on the street in a trailer around them?JimCYWG

Guest GA Flyer

Summer homes of the wealthy so no ones around. Come summer I can stay back out on my boat and the street I'm on offers street parking so aside from a when I'm simming (and the generator is going) you wouldnt even know I was there.