Sign in to follow this  
Guest lars_ason

FS9 crashing

Guest lars_ason

FS 9 is crashing, actually just stops to desktop and has to be started from scratch again. Starts without problem and the computer is running OK. This happens randomly and is of course very irritating as flights have to be restarted from zero. It may be related to PMDG 747 but I am not sure.Any ideas what I need to do?System:Motherboard: ASUS P5LD2CPU: Pentium 4, 3600 (no 660)Memory: 2 GB RAM (PC-4300)Graphics: ASUS ATI X1850XTX Driver 8.302, DirectX 9.0CSound: Cretive X-Fi FatalityHDD: 3 x Maxtor SATACD/DVD: DVD ROM + NEC 3550A DVR R/RWJoystick: Syborg EvoRunning Norton Internet Security 2007Patch 9.1 installedHelp would be greatly appreciated!/Lars

Hi Lars,I'm trying to narrow down a very similar problem to yours. While flying the PMDG 747 for about 1.5 to 2 hours with no problems, the system hangs and the sound loops. I then have to restart the PC. I've tried everything I could think of, taking the plane back to the stock plane with no updates, new vid drivers, old vid drivers, no traffic, no weather, but I can't seem to figure out what is causing it.Tonight I'm going to fly the same route with the Level-D 767 and see if it still locks up. If it doesn't, the next step is to start from the ground up and reinstall FS9 with just the 747 and add one addon at a time till the conflict occurs. Unfortunatly this takes a lot of time and is a pain but then at least PMDG can replicate the problem on there end.You can also try and do a defrag with a good defrag software like diskeeper 2007 and try to clean the registry with a registry program like PC Doc. In some cases this has helped alot. also make sure all your drivers are up to date.Regards, Ron