Sign in to follow this  
Guest uinta64

Bill Lyon's Goose

Guest uinta64

Hello All,I downloaded Bill Lyon's Grumman Goose. My PC's no scream machine, but I get 18 - 26 FPS with everything set the way I like it, depending on the aircraft I'm flying, for the most part. It's an Emachine, 1.8 GHZ, 512 RAM, Nvidia 6100.With most of Bill's airplane the frame rate drops to 10FPS. Here's the part that has me baffled. If I restart FS9 and use "Previous Flight" (if my previous flight was in the Goose) the frame rates are 18 - 20 FPS for approx 4 minutes then suddenly drop back to 9 - 10 FPS. Does this sound like a Windows issue, the way memory is used or allocated?Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and/or tips on how tweak Windows.ThanksDave

Guest ThrottleUp

The absolute Windows XP guide of all guides (a free 175 page PDF):http://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.htmlElder Geek services guide (all those background progs that you can shut down that hog resources)http://www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htmThe above two are very good, I have used their tweaks and have noticed a vast improvement in gaming, boot-up times and general useage (its amazing the number of useless services you can disable!)Have fun and I will say to you what I say to everyone before tweaking Windows.****** BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP all your vital data *******...and only then get tweaking :)

Dave I see this is your first post. I hope you know how to get into the Goose's panel cfg.If you do try this. This is from my panel cfg.You can copy and paste this entry into the panel cfg replacing the original entries for [Vcockpit11] or change the entries to match below. The purpose of this is to "comment out" the CD player using the forward slashes // and renumber the gauges I think that will solve your problem.Daryll[Vcockpit11]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=256,256visible=0pixel_size=256,256stexture=$pan11//RENUMBERED GAUGES BECAUSE OF radcdgs//gauge00=radcdgs!radiocd, 0,128,128,128gauge00=goose!temptest6, 128,128,128,128gauge01=goose!deice,128,0,128,128gauge02=goose!battery,0,0,128,128

I forgot to change the square brackets to {} so you will know what window it's under.Daryll{Vcockpit11} //change to square bracketsBackground_color=0,0,0 size_mm=256,256visible=0pixel_size=256,256stexture=$pan11//RENUMBERED GAUGES BECAUSE OF radcdgs//gauge00=radcdgs!radiocd, 0,128,128,128gauge00=goose!temptest6, 128,128,128,128gauge01=goose!deice,128,0,128,128gauge02=goose!battery,0,0,128,128