Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

Thank you Christoph Langguth!

Guest neslesman

For some reason it doesn't recognize my registered 3.71 copy of FSUIPC. Both modules (FSUIPC 3.71 and Autower 1.03) are sitting in the FS9 modules folder side by each but Autower keeps sending me the message that "FSUIPC connection failed. Incorrect version of FSUIPC or not FSUIPC." Then Autower shuts down. I've also tried with the command version of autower but nothing happens.I've always thought the tower viewer in FS9 was poorly handled and I was so looking forward to using this new program but I can't seem to get there from here.Any suggestions anyone. Oh yes, thanks to Chris for the program, if only now I could get it to work.

Guest cloudrider

Hi Nes, I'm having the same problem as you are (FSUIPC connection failed) so let's hope someone can help us.

Guest neslesman

Oh good, I'm not alone.Poor Christoph, it looks like, from the note on his website copied below, that he was able to address this issue in the 1.02 version, then you and I come along and report the problem on the current edition. Just when he thought he had got it all debugged. No sweat Christoph, you've got a great little program there from the comments of others, hopefully you might find an easy fix for this one. Thankfully you've got a good sense of humour which shows through on your documentation and damned fine web site. "Nov 29,2006: Version 1.02 released. After a report about the DLL version having trouble with connecting to FSUIPC in certain circumstances, parts of the DLL were rewritten. So, if the DLL version only gives you an error like "Unable to connect to FSUIPC", then please download the fixed version."

Guest Coneman

Yep, same problem here too. I loaded a fresh version of FSUIPC 3.71 (deleted all the old .ini stuff), ran FS, then loaded the Autotower module. I got it to actually load all the airports once, but still no tower view. I get the error message also. I'll keep working at it. Cheers,Todd

Guest Dandog

Try using the Autower download from FlightSim.com. Hate to post another site, but that download worked for me. After all are we not one big happy flight sim family (albeit slightly disfunctional)?Dandog

Hi all,sorry for you guys having trouble... I have to admit that I don't really know what's going on there, simply because there's actually only one command that I use for linking to FSUIPC (i.e., not many knobs to turn) -- and that one command is not supposed to fail...I'll try to find out what the problem is, but I need your help because I cannot reproduce the problem here.Let's try to pinpoint the problem.- first and foremost, make sure (again) that you're actually using version 1.03, there is the "broken" 1.01 version available at avsim as well.- *when* do you get that message? On startup of autower, there is a loop built-in that keeps trying to connect to FSUIPC for about 100 seconds. So: do you get the error "right away" when the main FS has loaded (DLL), or right after you started the EXE, or does it come with a delay of a minute or so?- do you get the "A configuration error occurred. Cannot continue" message?- do you have *other* add-ons installed that use FSUIPC and that might not behave correctly and cause this? Please check this carefully and temporarily *disable* other stuff that uses FSUIPC, and let me know if this helps in some way,- disable the DLL version of autower (rename it to autower.dll.dead or something the like) and then use the EXE version with LogLevel set to 5 in the autower.ini -- does it produce any helpful output (I doubt it actually, because the connection to FSUIPC is so fundamental that autower doesn't even start to do anything before this succeeds...)Please do the above, and let me know (by mail, in order not to spam the forum) the outcome. Please also include every bit of information that you think might be related to the problem, or of interest generally.CheersChrisAs I was kind of amazed regarding the "incorrect version number..." thing, I googled a bit, just to find that there are very few relevant hits on that. Don't get me wrong (I'm not accusing or suspecting anyone), but please read this thread:http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?p=185701Can you check what happens if you *remove* your registration information, thus turning FSUIPC into an unregistered version?Second thing: If you get other error messages, please post the *exact* error message, especially what is *after* the "unable to connect"

Guest neslesman

You nailed it for me Chris with the "unregistered" version fix. After I unregistered (renamed) FSUIPC, Autower immediately began collecting the data base at startup, when it had done nothing before. Then when I went back in and re-registered my FSUIPC Autower still worked great and continues to. No, I don't have any problem with other FSUIPC dependent programs or with that program by itself.Autower is a dandy little program that really helps clean up some of the annoyance of the tower view and provides great shots for approaches and take offs. Can't thank you enough. Sure hope that fix clears up anyone elses problem.Edit: I just noticed that your last post was at 1:3? AM in my time zone. Not knowing where you posted from I sure hope you didn't lose a lot of sleep over this. These things usually have a way of sorting themself out over time.Thanks again

Guest cloudrider

I did the same as you and now all is well. Love it. Thanks Chris!!

I have the FSUICP ver 3.7.1.0 and the autotower.dll installed, both in the Modules folder. The airport database was created, but I don't get any tower views. There are no error messages of any kind. Would my Active Camera be in conflict somehow? Just found out you have to disable approach view in Active Camera, please disregard this message.