Sign in to follow this  
Staffan

Metroliner project?

Hi,Am I wrong or was there some information some time ago about an ongoing Metroliner project,.....or was it a Shorts project?Anyone? :-wavehttp://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifDell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo, flashed to a X850 XT PE. Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP2E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,there is the Metroliner fromwww.flightsim.co.nzbut are you thinking of something else? maybe something with a VC?!Andy.

>Hi,>>there is the Metroliner from>>www.flightsim.co.nz>>but are you thinking of something else? maybe something with a>VC?!>>Andy.Hi Andy,Yepp, I know about Jon Murchisons Metroliner. But the one I mean was in working stage, with the same quality as a certain Emb 120 from OSS,...ehmmm. ;-) But I might have been dreaming....:-hahI know that many think it

Staffan

>>Hi,>>>>there is the Metroliner from>>>>www.flightsim.co.nz>>>>but are you thinking of something else? maybe something with>a>>VC?!>>>>Andy.>>Hi Andy,>>Yepp, I know about Jon Murchisons Metroliner. But the one I>mean was in working stage, with the same quality as a certain>Emb 120 from OSS,...ehmmm. ;-) But I might have been>dreaming....:-hah>>I know that many think it

André

>Staffan was AFG not busy with one or?>>Andr

Staffan

Staffan, The Metro sexy? You are one sick puppy. I tell you what, i'll contact DR PHIL and get you on his show.I flew in one just a week ago and i tell you what, i had more room in the Piper Warrior i fly then in that confined piece of junk. Ive flown in quite a few aircraft, but never have i felt like a sardine as i have in a Metroliner.The only saving grace of that flight was that the Captain was one #### of a cute blonde woman. Looking at her, the groundspeed decreased by 30kts due to the drag created from the rise in my pants.

Guest abent

Ah yes, the 'lawn dart' affectionately termed by one Metroliner mechanic I spoke with. :( I was fortunate enough to fly around Manitoba in one. It was just myself and the two pilots for one leg. We did a short field takeoff at CYBR and, man, the Metroliner 3 is nothing short of a rocket ship. We leveled off just above the runway, picked up speed and then the co-pilot yanked back on the yoke. What a rush! Another pilot in the pattern and on unicom said, "That looks like fun".Oh yeah, if you do get to fly in one, make sure you use the ear plugs they supply. :-boom I'd pay big bucks for a Metro 3 of the calibre of say the Digital Aviation Cheyenne.Adam

>Staffan, >>The Metro sexy? >>You are one sick puppy. I tell you what, i'll contact DR PHIL>and get you on his show.>>I flew in one just a week ago and i tell you what, i had more>room in the Piper Warrior i fly then in that confined piece of>junk. Ive flown in quite a few aircraft, but never have i felt>like a sardine as i have in a Metroliner.>>The only saving grace of that flight was that the Captain was>one #### of a cute blonde woman. >>Looking at her, the groundspeed decreased by 30kts due to the>drag created from the rise in my pants.Hehehe,...well well....rising pants while looking at a pilot in a sardine can....:-hah Are you on Dr. Phil show after me then. :-lolhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifDell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo, flashed to a X850 XT PE. Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP2E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Guest RiddlePilot

Speaking of the OSS EMB-120, anyone know where I can get the base model and a decent panel? They closed down their website and I can't find it anywhere else.

Guest monsoon

>I'd pay big bucks for a Metro 3 of the calibre of say the>Digital Aviation Cheyenne.>>AdamAnd people wonder why weget charged so much for add-ons. If you blatently tell them you will pay big bucks for them, they will charge big bucks for them.

Guest abent

>>>I'd pay big bucks for a Metro 3 of the calibre of say the>>Digital Aviation Cheyenne.>>>>Adam>>And people wonder why weget charged so much for add-ons. If>you blatently tell them you will pay big bucks for them, they>will charge big bucks for them.What do you call big bucks, Monsoon? And what would you deem a fair price for an add-on that takes 1000's of man hours to produce? IMO 30 -40 bucks for an add-on aircraft is a bargain especially if it has complexly modeled systems considering how many hours of enjoyment a potential user might get out of the product. It works out to pennies an hour. I bet most people would be shocked at how much work would go into creating software packages of that complexity. I also bet many would be surprised how few are actually 'sold'.Adam