Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

TBM 700, It's finally here!!!!!

Guest Jorge Antunes

Hi,You're right, but I think that the gauge backlighting issue, the fact that developers themselves announced they would release an update/patch, makes legite the qiestion.Best regards.Jorge

>Hi,>You're right, but I think that the gauge backlighting issue,>the fact that developers themselves announced they would>release an update/patch, makes legite the qiestion.It's actually getting to be a bit embarrasing. You see, I belong to the TBM700 Owner's Association, and they were ready to contract with a developer to build them a model for X-Plane @ $5,000 for the "master," then $1,500 additional per copy...I suggested that they wait for the FS9 freeware to be updated, then add RXP's GNS530, WX500, etc. to the package and enjoy the best for far less money!Now, nearly six months have gone by and they're still waiting... :-violin

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hey Bill, I hope all is well with you. The one thing I did not understand was, didn't you complete the most involved part of theupdate? (Backlighting) You had that done in less than a couple of weeks if that. It seems to me something else must have happened to have this project fall off the radar screen, and with out one visit here by the dev involved in a long time. He fell off the radar too. I don't think it is ever coming at this point. Who knows? Everytime I see this thread, I get excited thinking it has been completed. I hope things work out as this is a really nice plane, and it would be ashame to see the project shelved. Not to mention the many hours the devs have already put into it.

>Hey Bill, I hope all is well with you. The one thing I did>not understand was, didn't you complete the most involved part>of the update? (Backlighting) You had that done in less than a couple>of weeks if that.Actually, it was less than a week. I set aside several other projects and gave the VC my full attention for a full weekend. ;)Unfortunately, I only had the "interior" to work with, so I only have a VC to fly around in myself... Nicely lighted though! :-lol

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hey everyone, What in the world is going on with these guys and this TBM700??? I guess a dispute between those involved has caused this one to go down the toilet. That is the only thing left I can think of, and my gut feeling. What a shame.

I have some problems not yet mentioned by others; 1) No lighted numbers on the radios, coms nor navs; avionics are ON but no freqs. show up, although I can tune in to ATC. 2) Been a frame rate killer for me. Maybe it's the scenery. Will try another airport; been trying to fly out of PANC (Anchorage AK).OK, figured out the com and nav radios. Need to turn them on.Still a frame killer in that I have stutters lasting 2-4 seconds regularly. I am using TrackIr4, frames set for 25 and get major stutters that I don't get on other AC.Also guages are not very smooth, but it's free so no real complaints. Glad to see the developers listening to the users and making some adjustments.

Guest Jorge Antunes

Here's the status of the TBM project that Benoit Dub

Glad it's not dead. Honestly, all I wanted was the backlit gauges, and that would have made me very happy for now until the main update. That part was already completed long ago by Bill Leaming. I wish I knew how to accomplish that. Otherwise, what a great aircraft.

Guest xrvjorn

>It is definitely an impressive model. I am enjoying it very>much. I have a few niggles like my throttle will go half way>and then the power will shoot to 75%, ...Is there any tweak you can apply is some cfg file to change this? I know the TBM reacts progressively IRL, since Cyril wrote it in his post, but I'd like to change it anyway. I can't apply some power settings, e g 70-80% torque, since the power shoots from 60% to 90-110% even with the gentliest touch on the throttle.Apart from that, I'm nuts about this beautyful aircraft and quite grateful that someone has put in the effort to make such a great model of it. The English translations of the manual and checklists are much appreciated as well, Merci Beaucoup to the dev team!

Guest xrvjorn

*bump* (still looking for that throttle tweak)

Guest manflyer

hi guys what fs is this a/c for fs9 or fsx? paul