Sign in to follow this  
Guest ljasmann

CH Quad Throttle Problem

Guest ljasmann

For some time I have been dealing with a challenging problem with the CH Quat Throttle....In FS9, the #5 lever (from the left) will not map to a function in FS9. All of the levers and buttons can be assigned, and work fine, but although I can assign this lever, it does not function after it is assigned. I have tried:1. Deleting all assignments and resetting the controls.2. Deleting FS9.CFG and letting the sim rebuild it and then assigning the controls. 3. Deleting the appropriate sections from FS9.CFG and then reassigning. In all cases, no matter what I do, I can't seem to assign this level to any function and get it to operate.I am sure that the device itself is OK because I can caalebrate it fine in Windows using the Games Controller funciton. It moves there and calibrates as it should. Also in FSX, the lever works OK. I cannot find any effective Tech support from CH products. At one point, I did find an email address and queried them and never got a response from them.I also have the CH Contoller installed, but have never really figured out how to use it. Is that a potential problem? Should I just deinstall it?Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks,Larry Jasmann

The CH throttle works fine in fs9 once you get it setup. There are numerous posts about it in the hardware forum, but the simple steps are:Go into fs9 and set all the axis in the joystick menu, making sure all are set exactly the same (don't reverse axis, set for max sensitivity and no null zone). Once you have done that, close fs9. Now, load fs9 again and *repeat* what you just did. fs9 likes to be smart, and think it knows how you want your controller setup. It likes to throw in a max null zone or reverse an axis on you which causes all the problems. The second time I set mine up, everything worked great ever since.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest banker

Larry,As I don' use this device myself, I have to make a calculated guess... but...Knowing windows, and controle programs for that matter, a bit I think the controller 'can' be the culprit.Are you sure that in the controle utility, there's no reference to the fifth lever?I know, if that would be the problem, why does it work in FsX???Don't know that but try by uninstalling the controle utility and go from there...There's another possibility... and one I did experience myself only a few days ago.Did you 'ever' tried to program your setup by means of Fsuipc???If so, delete the 'ini' file and try again.I had this problem with a yoke from PFC. It uses a Ch products driver and in FsX my yoke didn't work very good. So I tried fiddling with fsuipc (version 4) and I somehow messed up FsX big time...At the end of my wits, I tried everything to repaire my FsX, I just deleted my Fsuipc (including the 'ini'file) and reinstalled it.Guess what? All was well afterwards.good luckLuc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans

Larry,Craig is right on the money. The CH Throttle sensisitivy in the controil panel by default is messed up. After you follow what Larry said, you should be fine.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter