Sign in to follow this  
Guest greatdragon

Help!!! Missing gear on imported Dassault Falcon 50

Guest greatdragon

Hello to all,My first post to all you great simmers for assistance. Like some have come back from new things, when I came over to FS9 I brought only one aircraft that I truly believe, in my opinion, "great". It was a Dassault Falcon 50 by Yannick Lavigne, Fred Banting and Rob Young. A magic piece of sim work. Many a wonderful hour spent aboard and flying. When I was finally able to upgrade to FS9 This was one bird I brought over. Many tweaking probs for panel and gauges but finally got her to fly and well. However, even though I have all interior indications and sounds to the affirmative, I have no undercarriage at all when in Spot view. She moves and "floats" as if.I know this is long winded but I have spent hours reading the forums etc., with no luck. I have only limited dialup so need to make sure I get this right.??? Can anyone please help me.

There is an FS9 update of the Falcon 50 out there somewhere (can't remember where at the moment). It is a reasonably well done upgrade, but if I remember correctly, there was a incorrect parameter given to an engine inlet - or something similar. There was a fix posted which corrected the problem, but without the correct value the airplane was severely underpowered.The only other problem I remember was a fairly high angle of attack at approach airspeed. Aside from that, and with the other fix applied, it's still a great airplane.Someone else out there may remember where the thing resides, and I'll look when I get a chance.Regards,Leon

Okay, after a search through some back-up stuff I've found the last configuration I was using. The file included with the download uses an inlet_area parameter of 4.4 and the corrected value is 1.4 as shown below...at least that's what I found, and as I remember it. I think I'm going to resurrect this one as well. Leon[TurbineEngineData]fuel_flow_gain =0.0025inlet_area =1.4000rated_N2_rpm =29920static_thrust =3500afterburner_available =0reverser_available =1

Guest greatdragon

Hi Leon,Thank you for your input. I am sorry if my replies are a little behind but I only have 2 hours of very slow dialup and I can only look up what the simmers tell me on different days.I will follow through with your info and get back as soon as I can.God Bless,Rusty.

Guest greatdragon

Hi Leon, I will try and keep this as short as I can. Leon you are a gem. I went to the sight you indicated (very sparse isn't it). I got the download indicator immediately and then my friend I couldn't believe the size of it. On my dialup it took a painful 2hrs. 2.7 - 3.2kbs was the best I could do. However, Thank you so much. I have my favourite aircraft fully operational including all my own panel extras. For your info all the instructions and buttons during install are in French. I think I am missing a scene with stair door open and Pilot and or Co-Pilot standing as if VIPs are coming. Also a scene with what looks like a battery cart. I won't be able to sort that lot out until I get a french interpretation.Also if you are thinking of reviving it yourself you might try the 2d model and 2d panel. Beautiful fittings.To you and yours if we don't correspond again, a blessed festive season.Once again thank you and God Bless,Rusty

You are very welcome Rusty. I had forgotten what a nice add-on this a/c is. I particularly like the options providing VC or 2D models, and what the VC lacks in functionality, it more than makes up for in appearance.I've also found that if you drain the tanks to about 50% it tames the approach attitude somewhat...very manageable. The Falcon also makes you work for that 'greaser'.One other item of note is that the lighting switches do not include a beacon switch. You can always use the 'L' key, but I prefer Etienne Martin's Taxi/Pushback and Electrical panel gauge. It has the complete suite of switches and is a very useful pop-up or stationary tool.Anyway I'm glad I was able to help, and I hope you and yours have a great Christmas and upcoming new year.Leon

I live very near the Lakeland FlightSafety facility and their chief instructor is a very good friend and flying buddy of mine. I've been in their Navaho and Kingair full motion simulators, and I believe with a little life support equipment I could live for long periods in those cockpits.I hate to drop names here (but I will anyway). August Busch (Anheuser-Busch) has a hangar in our group and frequently brings his 900EX in from St. Louis. That thing is an airliner. He also has, or at least had - though I haven't seen it in a while - a 50 as well.Leon