Sign in to follow this  
Guest flimbo

Realitypack not good

Guest flimbo

New to this forum but not to flight sim. Had all the versions but passed on FSX as it runs crap on my machine, as I'm sure a lot of other users will agree.Anyway, I'm happy with the stock FS9 scenery as I can run it all maxed out. I've only installed a few meshes, which all look great to me. So I tried out the RealityPack by Sascha Rieger. Oh no, well it all looks a mess now.1 - Bright green unrealistic grass textures in places.2 - Overall textures too bright and colourful.2 - Textures don't align to each other in places.3 - Gaps between textures.5 - Farm fields stretched over mountain tops.6 - Etc. I could go on.A very amateurish efort. Seems like it's had a lot of downloads but I'm sure many people have reverted back to stock FS9 scenery or have there own pay ware stuff.2 out of 5 stars.

I'm sure RealityPack took a tremendous amount of dedicated effort on Sascha's part. It was certainly a learning process for him, and he was open to constructive suggestions. The textures may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm not here to criticize anyone's freeware contribution. And Sascha's textures still pop up occasionally in screenshots, so certainly some folks are happy to have them.John

>6 - Etc. I could go on.please do - such an inspiring post thus far...regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

A better idea would have been to send him an email giving constructive suggestions rather than publicly flame him on a forum.. as a first post.

>A better idea would have been to send him an email giving>constructive suggestions rather than publicly flame him on a>forum.. as a first post.Very much agreed. Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.9's6x Adaptive AA/16x HQ A/FIntegrated SoundDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall