Sign in to follow this  
CanadaOne

Excellent fun free utility!

This is a riot! I found it from a friend at the Janes WWII Fighters site. It's a recording utility for FS9 that lets you record a flight and then play it back and fly along with it. Fantastic!!!You record your P-51, for example, doing a takeoff, a quick barrell roll, then a buzz of the tower. Start another flight, slew your P-51 back a few feet, then hit "Play recording" and your first flight pops up and you can follow your wingman. Endless posibilities.Apologies if this is old news, but it's too much fun not to share with people who might not know about it. It's a very small self extracting file and even I can use it.Really great fun! http://www.fs-recorder.net/A quick and lousy screen of a joint F-104 takeoff. Yeah baby! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/horsesass/F104x2.jpg

Recorder is a great utility--it's been out for many months now and this is one of many posts, but the more that know about it, the better :)-John

Hey John,I was sure I wasn't the first but I was also sure it was worth repeating. Most smile inducing add-on I've seen in ages. I can see many hours of great flying ahead with this DL.I just flew the Tiger Moth demo with the recorder utility and had a great little buzz around the tower. Tomorrow after work it's going to be formation flying and landings in my Captain Sim F-104. That's going to be a great challenge.

Guest GA Flyer

If you get to close to an AI plane in flight the sim will consider it a collision...does it do the same with playback plane?

Yeah, it does. Caused an error in FS9 as well. It crashed the flight, said it was shutting down FS9, but it just shut down the flight and FS9 came right back up.Seems I have the day off today. What on earth am I going to do with my free time... :-rotor

You have free time, Rotor??? Here's another suggestion -From the "Best Virtual Cockpit: post on page one:-"Also check out the Jungmann on http://www.junkers-52.de! Aerobatic - YES, Free - YES, Excellent VC - Oh, god yes.The compass even stays level when you turn. You'll really enjoy it I think.His Ju-52 is just as good!"regads,pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.