Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

More AI questions

Hi,Where are the airports listed, I mean which .bgl has them? Is there a replacement .bgl that doesn't have the entire world in it? I guess my idea of trimming down the world AI file size won't work the way I thought. Is there a freeware .bgl editor/decompiler/compiler? Sorry I'm such a noob.dolph

you need tafffictools by Lee Swordy. search avsim.com or flightsim.com libraries. with a traffictools search you also find some other programs that make traffictools easier to use (such as 'ai flight creator).also try some ai traffic sites -*http://www.ai-aardvark.com/ <-- creators of better looking and easier on the framerates AI*http://www.evolveai.com/ <-- same as above*http://www.boris-repaints.com/about.htm <-- same as above and provides real world flight schedules*http://www.world-of-ai.com/ <--provides real world flight schedules*http://www.projectai.com/ <-- as above abovethere is also aismooth. makes ai traffic behave better at airports: http://www.sg-flightware.de/have fun!

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest hopsing88

Hello DolphHere's the filename for an important prog you should have:afcad221_138006.zipThis is the program called AFCAD.If you give yourself time to get up to speed with this,AFCAD will show you exactly which BGL file is active for the particular location where you happento be at any given moment.However, you might want to be very careful deletingvarious files. If your thought is to improve performanceby deleting stuff, remember that when you are at Chicago,let's say, Detroit scenery, or St. Louis, will not haveloaded, and will not load, unless you zoom on over that way.Give AFCAD a try. There is a great deal you can do withthis program. It should be available right here at AVSIMjoe

Thanks Scoob,I was going to recreate the default traffic. What was I thinking. I'm going to delete! the default traffic once I get my own running.I have the above tools, except for aismooth, which I will try as soon as possible. Still havent unpacked the recorder thingy I have been so busy with traffic...dolph

Hi,I guess we need more information on what your goal is. Since AI traffic doesn't load more than about 108 NM from your location, a large AI traffic bgl is not affecting your frame rates.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Hi Dolph,Like Tom I'm Not quite sure of what you are planning to do but I'm going to add my 2 cents in also.I've found that PAI might be your good bet here. My reason is their installer package has TTools in it and it will break down your bgl to 3 parts. Airports, Aircraft, and Flightplans. You can compile and decompileto your hearts content. There is also a program theat will hide or hanger your default aircraft. However, you have to really be careful withthe default 172 Cessna. Bad things happen if you delete it. You can always take the Default Traffic 030528 out of FS9/Scenery/World/scenery and Put it in a safe place outside of F9 (mine is outside and backed up also). that we you won't see any default aircraft showing up. You don't have to have any world airports in your project. You must have three things. A place to take off and a place to land. That will bee in your airport.text. You can have one to many aircraft in your aircraft.text, and if you are going to have AI doing anything at all , even sitting static, you have to have a flightplan.text.Then you compile it to your bgl and grow it as you wish. remember that once you have the bgl decompiled , you are King. In F9 you can have one or many BGL's. Tom Gibson has the information that you need and can tell you exactly the best way to do what ever you're attempting to do. In case you didn't know he is into Classical historic stuff and I garantee you that he can push a button or two and all AI turns to pre-before you were born vintage.(I'm so jealous.) You may wish to go to the PAI forum and get your elevation. Course you can stay here and wait for people like me who have no clue. Reggie Fields is a go to person also. That is not to say that this is the only knowlege base because alot of people have asked your question. Just needs to be more specific because we have vivid imaginations. :-)I have absolutely no idea if this helps at all, but I hope it does.Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)HP Media CenterPentium D 2.80 GHz2.00 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce 6200SEConexant Falcon II NTSCXP SP2

Thanks guys. I have been fooling with AFCAD (added parking spaces to many default military bases using it) and it works great. I have Ttools which I have used as well to create my military flights.Tom hit it on the head. I guess I don't need to worry about the size of my traffic.bgls since the sim only loads in 108 miles around me, I assume that to be a radius. Anyway, I have PAI jets at the big airports (FedEx and the like) and I have 510 military flights tooling around which I am going to expand to cover all bases in the CONUS. I also have a large GA-Traffic file for the smaller planes. Oh, and the default planes which have been tweaked to represent real airlines. The original question on this post was which .bgl file(s) in the FS9 directory contains the actual default airports. I wanted to delete all but what I need but I guess that isn't possible nor necessary. I just turned off the outside world in the settings/scenery menu.Thanks for responding.dolph

Guest Bob Z

DolphDowmload a small file called ttoolssource133.zip found here in the library. It is the 1.33 version of ttools but is almost identical to the 2.02 version. The file that has the traffic bgl description is called TT Traffic File Format.h. TTools is written in MS Visual C and is quite elegantly coded, IMO. If you don't read C, the comments are quite extensive and informative in themselves.You'll see that FS9 uses an index structure contained in the traffic bgl to dynamically reference the data it needs for any given traffic sector It does not read the bgl sequentially. I could make a case either way as to whether a single or multiple bgl method is better. I use a single bgl which is about 89MB.I use AITM. I suppose there are other ways to do it, but I have never seen an ai not show up an airport when it was supposed to unless I made some sort of correctible mistake, so the method works.Be sure to read the part in AITM about Projects. A Project is simply a way of organizing your flightplans in a managable manner.I have the individual flightplans added to a project which I then:1. Merge into a single flightplan2. Randomize the merged FP This also strips out any comments in the FP that would cause ttools to give an error.3. Renumber the FP with Ttools Companion starting with number 1. I understand that the ac# is only valid up till 65535, I think, and that going above this number will cause problems. I have never tested this, but I believe that it is the case.4. Compile with Ttools.One of the benefits of using a single merged FP is that you can then load this FP into AITM and use the Timetable and Statistics functions to tell you how many and which type of ai will be present at an airport at a given time and also the maximum present for that day.I use this to tell me how many parking spots are needed for Afcad parking.AITM uses the AITM_AC.CFG file to determine the above. This is a little tricky in that the ai identifier (atc_type, atc_model) in the aircraft.cfg has to be included in the AITM_AC.CFG file in the AITM folder for the ai to be recognized and counted. Beware of duplicates or missing entries. AITM probably should have included a 'not found' counter in the Statistics report, but that's the way it is. Perhaps there is a better way to determine the maximum ai at an airport, and if there is, I would be interested in that.The F6 key in AITM gives you a very nice list of fairly common errors.These will be listed in a column on the far right. Be aware that not all of the red colors are crucial, however the ones on the far right are. If there are no crucial errors, the 'errors' column will not be produced. My most common is 'texture folder not found'. Use the F6 key before you compile. My experience is that using a single master airports.txt with all ap's will prevent a lot of micro management headaches. Be aware that if you decompile and produce a new airports.txt the latitude/longitude will 'walk' do to rounding, so keep an original. Some people who have been using AITM for years have stated that they are still discovering aspects of AITM that they didn't know existed, and I am one of them.

Hi,As you've already done, inactivating them in the Scenery Library is MUCH better than deleting the files!BTW, the default airports are found in files that begin with AP. They are found throughout your FS/SCENERY folder. But don't delete them! Each file contains many airports and you will probably delete something you don't want to.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Many thanks to all of you for replying with great info to this and my other posts. I have been working my arse off (60+ hours at COB tomorrow) and plan to spend some quality time this weekend to digest all the info. I have downloaded those files that have been suggested. I am going to tweak my NVidia card first, then go for tweaking the sim some more. Ah, Frank Sinatra and FS9. Can you say relaxed?dolph