Sign in to follow this  
Guest hopsing88

A.I. Traffic Mover- Anything Better?

Guest rudhan

This is exactly the kind of feedback I want, not said that I will implement everything. :-)Situation number 1 is actually covered by AISchedule, you load the first flight plan file and then append the others. AISchedule will offer to correct the aircraft numbers, as duplicate aircraft numbers is not allowed within a flight plan file, but as long as you do not save, you don't have to correct that. What AISchedule cannot do is remember the file set as a project.Try number 2 and see what AISchedule can do for you, the print function is quite worked through.AISchedule works in three modes, airport, registration number or flight number. I am not quite sure what you want to achieve in number three.

Hi,OK, so can I do #1 if I use Save As and save the loaded files into a single file with a different name? My old files will be kept intact and I will have a new file with all the flightplans (and an aircraft.txt file with all the aircraft renumbered)?Also, can I save this list of 80 appended files with a name, so I can load them instantly next time? Can I get a listing of the files included, so I can know which ones are in there already? I wasn't clear on this from your web page (I've downloaded it again and will try this).In #3 I am often looking for the mix of aircraft that a certain airline flies into a given airport (so I want the list sorted by airline), how many of a certain aircraft type fly into the airport (so I want the list sorted by aircraft type), or some other analytical thing. As I understand it, your reg# and flight# modes list all the flights - I only want the flights into that airport. BTW, printing is less important than viewing on the screen. AITM lets you do this by clicking on the heading names to re-sort any list.Thanks,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest rudhan

>Hi,>>OK, so can I do #1 if I use Save As and save the loaded files>into a single file with a different name? My old files will>be kept intact and I will have a new file with all the>flightplans (and an aircraft.txt file with all the aircraft>renumbered)?Yes!>>Also, can I save this list of 80 appended files with a name,>so I can load them instantly next time? Can I get a listing>of the files included, so I can know which ones are in there>already? I wasn't clear on this from your web page (I've>downloaded it again and will try this).No, I believe this is the project function. It would probably not be to hard to implement, I would appreciate any ideas you have how this should work.>>In #3 I am often looking for the mix of aircraft that a>certain airline flies into a given airport (so I want the list>sorted by airline), how many of a certain aircraft type fly>into the airport (so I want the list sorted by aircraft type),>or some other analytical thing. As I understand it, your reg#>and flight# modes list all the flights - I only want the>flights into that airport. BTW, printing is less important>than viewing on the screen. AITM lets you do this by clicking>on the heading names to re-sort any list.AISchedule main page is showing everything in cronological order, any sorting or filtering would make the graph useless. My thought here would be to make another window with only a list, where you can filter and sort the view in different ways.Guys, you have a golden opportunity to get what you want! Post your ideas here, we can discuss them for a while and then I will fire up my compiler.>>Thanks,>-->Tom GibsonThank you!/Tomas>>Cal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com>>Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com>>Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Hi again,OK, so the stumbling block for me is the lack of a Project function. I can create the master file, but have to click the Append menu 80 times each time to do it.I would like a way to make a list of the files loaded and save that list for future use. Here is one way to do it, although many other schemes would work as well. Add an item to the File menu called Create/Modify File List. When invoked, it would open an empty list window. Using an Add button you could add a flight plan file (flightplansxxx.txt) to the list. There should also be a Remove button. As you add them they would be added to the visible list. AITM also includes a user editable name for each item on the list (i.e. "United Airlines Summer 06"), and the path to the given file. Those aren't absolutely necessary for this. There would also be Load and Save buttons to load existing Files Lists, and to save them. A Close button would close this window, or you could just tell people to use the red X if that is your preference.Another File menu item would be Open File List. This would load all the flight plan files in the list into AI Schedule. Then AI Schedule would act on these files as usual. The File/Save As choice would save these files into a single large file if desired as it does now.Yes, a button could be added to the main screen saying something like Sortable List, and this new screen could come up with a sortable list of the current list contents. That would work fine for me.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Hi,I think you are very close - I only have two comments. First, if the Open... menu item loads the flight plan files into AI Schedule, then that should be Load... to match the menu choice in the main File menu. Makes it clearer that you are loading the text files into the program and not opening the Project to edit it. And if this is true I'm not sure what the Save menu item would do - save any flightplan changes back into the multiple files that makes up the project? That sounds like a lot of work. AITM cannot do this. You must merge the files and then File/Load the merged file. And the Save As... menu item could be called Merge... instead, which would bring up a box to ask for the new name of the merged flightplan file. AITM also has a Compile choice, but I assume that your normal TCompile function (with the Project loaded) could do that.Second, if you are going to call the menu item Manage... (sounds fine to me), then the menu bar of the resulting window (I assume the window in the bottom picture) should be titled Manage Project to keep things consistent. And yes, it needed an Edit button too, if there will be any user changeable information (like the "name" entry). Good catch. Otherwise I think it will work great!Feel free to email me - tgibson at sunstroke dot sdsu dot eduat = @dot = .Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest rudhan

Thanks! I will continue on this track, we can continue our discussions over email instead than here.I will post as soon as I have a new release.If anyone else has ideas, questions or thoughts, please post them or email me./Tomas

Guest rudhan

Thanks for your report, I will have this fixed in the next release./Tomas

Guest Phantoms

Tomas, did you find what was causing the array problem? I see you were asking for others with this problem to contact you on your site.Looking foward to your next release./James

Guest rudhan

Hello James,Yes, I did, it will be corrected in the next release. I am working on some enhancements as well, it will hopefully be available within a month, hope that is OK.If you find this very annoying I can release a quick fix for it.Thanks!/Tomas

Guest Phantoms

Thomas, I'm really looking forward to the next version. If you have a quick fix available, you can send it to me at phantoms @ comcast.net , I haven't been able to use the program much as every time I go into reg or flight and click calc, I get the error.

Thomas,I also am really looking forward to the next version. It has been about a month since you thought you would have an update. How is it going? I use your program with my AI. If possible, I would also like to see it be able to load more flightplans at the same time with the same amount of memory. I have a large amount of flightplans. I have Intel Dual-Core processor, XP Pro, ASUS P5N32-SL Deluxe motherboard, with 2 gig ram, 2-Nividia 7800GT and since it loads most of the fightplans at 1 time, I assume that I run out of memory prior to loading all the flightplans. Again this is a great program and I would recommend that if simmers want to see the flight schedules of their AI planes at the various airports in relation to available gates, modify flightplans, and numerous other functions they definately need to checkout this program.ThanksLynn Fisher