Sign in to follow this  
Guest tappy

FSSound.dll file Error

Guest tappy

Hi, Could someone who knows how to stop the FSSound.dll file error from popping up when FS9 loads, when using a FS2002 a/c. I used to know that an entry in the cfg file would stop it, but I have forgotten what. I have some really good FS2002 a/c that I like using, but since upgrading my computer have forgotten. Any help in this would be great.Regards Peter.

Guest greatdragon

Hi Peter,Yeah 'tis heartening to see I am not the only one.Find your FS9.cfg file use search depending upon your Windows version. Add an entry using the lower case brackets aroundOLD MODULES then no bracketsFSSound.dll=1save and maybe you will be like me and go "oh goody"God Bless,Rusty.

Guest tappy

Hi Rusty,I knew there was someone out there, that remembered. Thanx rusty' you sure saved me a long search through my early archive notes, it all comes flooding back now.Regards and best wishes, Peter.

Sometimes the entry into the FS9 CFG file doesn't work. The only one on my system that it doesn't work on is the PMDG 737-600/700. But no problem, just click on "yes" and away you go. No problems.

Guest tappy

Hi, I would just like to say to Rusty a big thanx for his helpful input with my problem in finding the tip on FSSound.dll errors and to try and help the last poster with his PMDG 737-600/700 a/c, have you tried...Lower case brackets around oldmodulesFSSound.dll=1that is lowercase without the space and then FSSound.dll=1,wish I new how to display those square brackets.... This works for me...Worth a try.Regards Peter.

Thanks Peter, and yes, I'm aware of how to enter this command as I have it in all the other cfg's for my aircraft. But I decided to check anyway and guess what, the entry still doesn't work on the PMDG aircraft, at least on mine it doesn't. But thanks for getting me to check.

Guest tappy

Sorry to hear your having no luck, ilovetofly..Just curious as to what ver. of PMDG 737-600/700 you are using...Mine is Ver. 1.8 build 80 and it's a fs2004 add on...not a fs2002 add on. Am I missing something here..Regards Peter.

Yes Fred, I'm aware of that, but I have several configured FS9.cfg's for different A/C, so that I don't have to reconfigure my CH TQ each time I change planes. The entry in question works with every other A/C I have except the 737 by PMDG. But it is no problem. When it pops up I just click OK and away I fly.Thanks for your interest.