Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

Texmaxload problem

I put the texture max load fix many have mentioned that transformed there FS9. I put it on the 2 computers I use for flying and any long flight I took would just crash or once it even closed out FS9 like I had never opened it. I wonder has anyone had this trouble? Was this fix only for FSX and had I misread posts? I really love FS9 and plan to stay with it for awhile, but if I can make it look better I will try. For now though I can fly and have a great time I dont want to go back to my days of constant tweaking like I did with FS2000.Thanks

I haven't had any issues since applying the tweak. I've had FS9 sessions lasting over ten hours. Keep in mind if you use the tweak you also must lock the fps. Also, depending on the number you use, you may exceed what your system is capable of displaying. I've settled on these entries:UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=25TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=100TextureMaxLoad=7-John

Guest tappy

Hi, Just like to go along with John, I've used the tweak without problems, wish I could throw some light on the problem...My settings are:UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=26TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULTI=200TextureMaxLoad=8Have you typed it correctly, and is it put in the DISPLAY part of the Config file....worth a check, I had to......Regards Peter.

What's the formula again guys for figuring out the numbers???My settings are:UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT= 'not sure what to set this to'TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULTI=100TextureMaxLoad=10Framerate locked at 20...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Formula?I guess I missed that somewhere.I have been using TextureMaxLoad = 10 for sometime now. One poster stated that if using TextureMaxLoad = 10 , TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULTI was limited to a max setting of 120. I tried it but went back to my previous setting of 300. It's my understanding that TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULTI relates to how fast the textures load. I went back to 300 because I thought that worked better when I panned (700 setting) from VC. I don't know the relationship between those two settings.I see that some are using TextureMaxLoad settings of less than 10. I never tried that.When I lock my frames I follow the recommendation that I try and achieve a "V" of one or less. "V" as I understand it is the % variation between high and low FPS readings.Daryll

Dillon,It works like this: (taken from Steve Lacey's Blog page)"By default, the texture manager will upload a maximum number of texture's per frame. This is measured in bytes, and the default is the equivalent of three 256x256 textures with mips.The 'three' comes from a configuration variable you may not be familar with. This is TextureMaxLoad in the DISPLAY section. The default is three.This value is multiplied by the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT configuration variable and divided by the target framerate only in the case where you have a target framerate set. With 'unlimited', the variable will have no effect. So, you can see that the value is a multiplier, rather than having any specific units.I agree that this is not ideal, and we're working on it. But this information should hopefully give you more info to tweak to your heart's content- Steve"Regards,Glenn

Guest PARADISE

Hi Fellow Simmers,I implemented these tweaks several weeks ago and they work great on my system. However,I just recently noticed that the FS.Cfg file reverted back to its default settings by itself. I remember reading somewhere that if you make a change in FS2004 "Display" settings,(not the FS.Cfg file) and hit the "OK" button that certain changes that have been made in the FS.Cfg file will revert back to the default settings. Does anyone know if this is correct or could something else have changed my FS.Cfg file back to default?What was realy weird was that my performance never dropped, even with the default settings. Also, I've seen values for Terrain_Default_Radius from 3.50000 to 9.50000, anyone know which gives best performance?Thanks in advanceJohn M

Guest neslesman

Mine keeps reverting back too but I do notice the difference significantly as I watch scenery building itself, then I go back in and change it again. Ditto for the Terrain_Default_Radius, it has changed itself, and it's a killer when it gets up there in the 9.000, causes crashes and freeze ups. I suppose I've caused the latter with the extended terrain setting in the sim although I try to avoid that setting. I try to keep that setting below 4.5 or the computer just beats itself to death trying to do the impossible.