Sign in to follow this  
Guest blaster331

Any comments on Aerosim Classic freighters

Guest blaster331

Greetings all, Just wondering if anybody can tell me if this is a pretty good pkg or if there are better DC 10-30's out there.I am ready to purchase another addon. Currently flying PMDG LDS Eaglesoft to name a fewBest regardsAndrew

Guest JTEK99

Andrew:Well, I own the Classic Liners (vol1 and 2) as well as the Classic Freighters series. The Classic Liners series included some 10-30s as well, and as far as I'm concerned, these DC-10s are the best out there. SGA has a great freeware DC-10, but alas it has no VC, so it gets beat out by Aerosim's in this case.You should note that the Aerosim series (regardless of the package) is "light" flightsimming; in other words, using your currently-owned packages for comparison, they're more akin to Eaglesoft aircraft than PMDG/LDS. Most of their classic series come with the equivalent of a CIVA INS, so there's some work to be done onboard; they're not simple default aircraft, but they're no LDS 767's either.That said, I really like the packages. Be advised that, as far as the Classic Freighters package is concerned, there aren't a lot of repaints available. For the Classic Liners DC-10s, there are a good variety, however.Anyway, a fun package and best DC-10 out there right now. Hope this helps.

Guest blaster331

Thank you very much for the insight.It really helps to get feedback from experienced simmersBest regardsAndrew

I have just uploaded to AVSIM a photoreal Aeroflot DC-10-40F :)DAS Air Cargo DC-10-30F to come.