Sign in to follow this  
bucifan

Strange FS9 startup problem since yesterday...

Since yesterday, I have been trying to figure out this problem that has popped up.I have been using FS9 for years with no problems. Even upgraded the hardware to a CORE2 computera few months ago, and could not be happier with the perfomance of FS9! (no FSX for me)After doing some tests, this is what I have found. If I try and start FS from an airport east of the Mississippi, it will freeze at either 1% loaded, or will not even start to load, and just sit there at the splash screen. If I start FS at an airport west of the Mississipi, startup is normal. I can then go to any other airport and it will load fine (even the ones it was hanging up on at the beginning). Doesn't matter if it is a default or payware.I have run FSManager and cleaned the scenery cfg. Even deleted fs.cfg, and let it rebuild that with no success. I have not loaded any new sceneries right before this happened. Have run AdAware SE, SpyBot, and a virus scan, with nothing being shown. This has to be something inside FS, but am not sure where to look now. This is just a pain now having to load a western a/p first, but I can still fly at least. Would like to figure this out though.Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!Rick

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,When you say East of the mississippi, do you just mean the continental USA? Have you tried starting up in Newfoundland, Greenland, Iceland etc? This might give you a further clue perhaps.Could you try taking off from the west, land in the east, save the flight and then try to start from that airport.I'm sorry I'm not able to offer more, but what does FS load first? If your problem is within the first 1% or so, then that surely narrows it down a bit. You may have a scenery folder without a texture folder with it. Even if there's nothing in it, it still has to be there I think.Andy.