Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTEK99

Whoa... Aerosoft AES (Airport Enhancement Services)?

Guest JTEK99

Bringing a few built in FSX features to FS9, eh?I didn't quite understand the product, but after reviewing an official post on their forums, I get it. Kinda neat, actually. You can add follow-me card (and call for them at any time), hyper-accurate jetways for any aircraft, call for pushback trucks and crew, etc. etc.They're using a "credit" system to buy airport enhancement services. Anyone else have any thoughts on this thing (or perhaps already bought it?). http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=9557Check out the vids. They explained the product better than the text did.

To me this is further evidence that FSX has failed. I hope this will become a trend: porting "FSX exclusives" over to FS9.ricardo

Guest thedoggg

I admit FSX has problems but I would not necessarily say it is a total failure. There are some features unavailable in FS04. FSX can achieve much higher resolution of both mesh and textures so it will look more realistic once developers have a chance to play with it long enough and our systems grow powerful enough to display all this stuff. We've had the moving cars and jetways for a long time now in individual airport sceneries anyways. This add on looks nice though.Carlos

Guest robertsflight

I love the idea, but it seems that same people who were behind LAGO's FSE have the same short vision-i.e. limited, very limited- you can only use it on three airports, well maybe more but you have to buy those airports??!!What's the purpose AEROSOFT? How many of us want to buy this to be able to use it at only 3 airports in Germany - oops you have to buy those first.... I'd like to see THAT on all airports, tie the module to the default "nodes" and you'll have the winner. In the end how many of use this sim just top taxi and watch the docking system?Sorry, but I hate to see great ideas being so limited in their scope-or am I reading the info on their site wrongly?

>Sorry, but I hate to see great ideas being so limited in their>scope-or am I reading the info on their site wrongly?I think the latter ;-)Reading their forum, what I understand is that it is impossible to make this add-on generic. (I'm talking about the docking systems)They have to cooperate with each developer of a specific scenery add-on to implement the AES docking systems.Don't know about the taxi truck though. I guess that can be generic for each airport using the AFCAD files.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest robertsflight

Hi!Hey, the "follow-me" truck sure beats the purple lines. Now if they can tie in the docking system and the gates to the Fs9's gates which are horrible by FSX standards (and some freeware for FS9 as well - just look at Linate or Malpensa or Roma-by ISD all free and wonderfull on frames and features)That alone could be enticing, but with FSX having those nice yellow lines...ooops I forgot anytime I am at the airport where I need guidence its frames drops too much.-:) Just kidding I don't want to bash FSX - others have done that enough...Anyways, what I am trying to say is that if they have access to all those FS9 features they should make it available at least at all gated airports, and sell the product without the need for expansion airports-it's a big world and AFCAD gives a lot of guidence. Mr. Kok are you listening? I'll be the first to buy something like that.(sorry about the refernce to the FSE but I noticed the same name manager, and FSE offered a lot of promise in the beginning)Thanks for your thoughts.

Stunning stuff and a great idea only some small issues which will be solved :-)A must have if you are flying above FL200...Andr

André

>Hi!>>Hey, the "follow-me" truck sure beats the purple lines. Now ifBut are they not both as unreal as it get? I mean as far as I know in real life there are no follow trucks.

>>Hi!>>>>Hey, the "follow-me" truck sure beats the purple lines. Now>if>>But are they not both as unreal as it get? I mean as far as I>know in real life there are no follow trucks. E.G Go to Alicante in real life - only one of many airports with follow me.

Guest johnegg

Hi, I was really excited about this download, that was until I started getting problems!!If I set up a flight, minimise the screen to start RC4 FDC etc when I try to maximise the screen again FS9 hangs with a flashing cursor, thats it, I then have to reboot set up again and the same thing happens every time.Eventually I have to restore my PC to an earlier time.Anybody else had this happen and found a solution?John

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_i...ersupporter.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporterhttp://wwwprecisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

And Split in Croatia, and Krakow in Poland. Just two of the many airports I've been on holiday to recently and seen Follow Me cars.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

try to set view with drop down menu by pressing alt key - change it to window then back again same way after running other applications - My computer will not come out of minimize in fs9 or fsx for some unknown reason.