Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightgamer

How can I push FS9 even harder?

Guest flightgamer

With some new hardware I am finally running FS9 maxed out.Three questionsFirst, is there a way to make the 19m or 38m mesh extend further out to the horizon. I am set to 100% but it seems as though the mesh continues to get more detailed as I get closer (morph). My new hardware could handle it from farther away but I don't know how to force it in the cfg file.Second,Is there a setting in the .cfg to force even greater amounts of autogen than the slider will allow? I know that I can find replacement tree files to thicken the forest. How about buildings.Finally, any other .cfg settings that will really up the complexity of the scenery beyond what the sliders will do? I would especially like the autogen to place things from farther away so that there is less popup.Thanks guys

Guest hopsing88

Well, I must say, this is a first for me. I've seen every kind of post here at Avsim and flightsim.com, about all kinds of problems: blurries, flickering txturs, insufficient FPS, lockups, you name it. But nobody ever complained they got TOO MANY FPS's!!! Well flt sim friend, why not just turn down your max FPS slider to say, 10 or 12, and then forget you turned it down. Then you can have a great time wondering what the devil is going on. Or if you're married, have you misses come in and sit on the case while you're cranking out 150FPS's. That ought to do something to knock it down. Gee, I don't know what to say. Perhaps upgrade to FSX. Now THAT is well established as a proven FPS killer, eh? And if all the above don't sound suitable, you might try buying an old U-Haul double axle trailer and hitching that rascal to the anti-theft ring on the back of your case and see if that doesn't do something to slow you down a bit. Maybe your local sheriff would consider writing you a ticket for speeding above 70FPS!! They're always looking for a way to generate cheap and easy revenue. Ok, that's not very nice. Nobody likes tickets. Gee, I don't know what to suggest that's reasonable. And I won't say "hope this helps" cuz I know it won't. But on the other hand, hey, be a happy camper you're getting away with all that speed and no citations to pay...

"How can I push FS9 even harder?"Not too sure about your 3 specific questions, but on a general note, try flying into Heathrow Pro 2.0 with a customised af2cad file using every gate and 100% AI - now that should push fs9 pretty hard...