Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Verga

FS fails to load

Guest Ken_Verga

I recently tried to start FS9 on my computer and use the c172. I then clicked ok. Then fly now. After that fs goes black and i can see half my desktop then it just crashes. It says we have discovered a problem and have to close. I have tried all planes what could be the problem?Kenneth

Guest baksteen33

Hi Kenneth, no error messages? FS9.1 patch installed? Hardware drivers upto date? Did it never happen before and all of a sudden, out of the blue it does? Please tell us more about your config too. Cheers, good luck and kind regards Jaap

Guest Mike_Luchia

Two things I would suggest trying.1. System Restore back to a time when it was working fine, if that doesn't work.....2. Rename the FS9.cfg file to something else and try to restart, letting FS rebuild a new FS9.cfg file. If that works then you have the old FS9.cfg.bak file so you can then open it and copy over any changes you had made to it, one at a time until the problem re-appears, then you will know what the entry was that might of caused the problem.

Guest Ken_Verga

Installed fs 9.1 again didnt work. All drivers up to date and it just happened out of the blue

Guest Mike_Luchia

If it just started without changing or adding anything then I would suggest trying #2 I listed above.

Guest adl320

Interesting. I've just experienced a similar situation. My FS9 was working fine when I last flew it last weekend. Today, I first started the Captain Sim 757 Config tool to set my load, preparing for a flight. Next, I open FS through the icon and the splash screen comes up for about 5 seconds, my disk spins up, then the screen disappear and disk spins down. Nothing.I don't know what the heck is up here but the only change I made to my system today was installing stupid arse IE 7.0. Not blaming it (yet) but that's the only thing I can think of although it really would not make any sense that it would affect FS9. Just for yucks, Kenneth, did you recently install IE7.0? Just wanted to know before I try to "recover" by running the "before IE7" system restore image I created.Aaron

Guest adl320

It's MS Internet Explorer 7 (IE 7). As I stated above, this was the only major change to my P.C. that could have caused my issue. I went to "add-remove programs", turned on "show updates" checkbox and got IE7 the #### off my system. Soon as I rebooted, FS9 magically started back up again. MS does it again. Amazing...

Guest PARADISE

I had similar problems when I installed IE7,however I traced my problem to Norton Anti-virus not allowing certain IE7 files in. Switched to Mcaffee and now I can run IE7 and FS9 just fine.John M