Sign in to follow this  
altstiff

RFP 747-200 owners...

I have a question for you,I love the PMDG 747 series. And have had my eye on the RFP 747-200 (justflight is selling them for $27USD with shipping).Is it any good? I know it will be a whole new set of systems to learn but it looks like it could be fun and I'm jonesing to fly a 200 series after watching my Polar Air Cargo DVD.So here are my questions.1. Is the Flight Model good?2. How is the VC, does it have click spots?3. Are the systems accurate? (I know what they include)4. Is the model of the plane nice to look at? I know it's an older addon so I know it wont compare to the newer stuff.I'm spolied with the PMDG, it looks amazing and flys amazing. Can the same be said for the RFP 200 series?Thanks in advance.....

If you already have the PMDG 744 don't get the RFP 742 until they release the next version. The VC is not near on par with what you already have and it would be like going back to FS2k2 when it was first released. The systems modeling in the RFP 742 is second to none but the visuals hurt the eyes in the VC. :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I loved it BEFORE the PMDG was released, but i haven't loaded it ONCE since!Need i say any more?

>Is it any good? Asking whether the RFP 747-200 is "any good" is like asking whether Mozart was a good composer. To be sure, visually it's outdated, but system wise it's second to none, requiring a great deal of micro-management and study of the manual. You might want to read up on their website in regards to the current status of the aircraft. I'm not even going to mention the fact that Ralph Tofflemire provided some of the best customer service in the flight sim addon market. ricardo

"Ralph Tofflemire provided some of the best customer service in the flight sim addon market."I couldn't agree more. These guys were great to work with... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

If you want to get RFP you better hurry, as the forums will be closing down at the end of December. After that downloads will be no longer available available.http://panelshop.ipbhost.com/index.php?I suspect that new members will not be allowed anyway at this late stage. Forums appear to be read-only now.So long RFP and thanks for all the good times...

Graeme Butler

The RFP manual when printed out is in the area of 500 pages. Great level of information. Sure, there are prettier 747s out there, PMDG's is great, but if you want to learn an aircraft, it's systems, flight dyamics, etc, this one is not to be missed. It'll make sense why there were three people in this cockpit. Something as apparently simple as operating the autopilot requires some serious reading of the manual. It's great. Dave

>If you already have the PMDG 744 don't get the RFP 742 until>they release the next version.But havn't they said that the current version is to be the last? I think I readit in the Computer Pilot review.

Ok, thanks for the reply's guys.I picked it up. With discounts it came to $21 USD shipped.

Honestly, at that pice it is one #### of a deal, too bad I already have it. It's a very nice plane to have if you have the time to learn the systems and actualy fly it. Many planes people say you have the read the manual(which is always a good thing) but I can pretty much figure them out without it, but this one, trust me yo have to read it, its quite system intensive, but you'll have a lot of fun with, all the old analogue gauges, none of this high tech gizmo's.EDIT: for those that dont have it, for 21$ us I'd advise you grab it.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Now that you have it, go to the site posted above and download everything there. On Dec. 31st at midnite the site is closing for good.We should be able to get support from the guys here who fly it. Too bad the site is closing as it is a wealth of knowledge. Also make a couple of copies of the CD in case the origional on goes #### up. I have about 4 copies.Thanks Ralph for all you did.JimCYWG

Anyone know the reason for closing, just curious as this was quite a succesful aircraft, why would Ralph shut it down?

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

As I understand it, Ralph has had decided to move on to other ventures. He is now involved in developing an Operations and Perfomance utility:http://www.panelshop.com/index.htmThe original RFP was developed for FS2000, and upgraded and modified over the years. I guess it was time for a change.I believe that some further development of the new RFP panel & gauges (was available to VIP members for a while) may continue, but not with Ralph's involvement.

Graeme Butler

Oh ic, well I am very happy with the RFP, I wish him much success in his new ventures.