Sign in to follow this  
Guest Svend

Ariane 737-800 order

Guest Svend

Hi all in the flightsim community,I here by want all from this community to congratulate me in beeing ript off by Ariane Design for the total amont of 1 x ARIANE - BOEING 737-800 NG VCe V3 (2076) = EUR 59.50 ordered and downloaded at Simmarket.I do feel realy bad now :(.I will also inform you that no mail with rude content have been send to Ariane only questions regarding activation and help.All mails regarding activation have been send to me, but still not able to activate.Trouble tickets towards Simmarket have been made to assist me during thise hours of personal stress, so fare without any luck.Belive me fellow simmers, that this goes direct to my stomage and Im feeling realy bad about this(thats why Im writing this).This post is not about flaming, but plain information because I think Im in need of support from fellow simmers right now.With kindly regards from a very unhappy fellow simmer.Svend

ave you tried disabling the XP firewall? That has happened to me before, not with Ariane, but with other software. XPs firewall was blocking it without asking me anything. Disabling it let me connect. If you've tried that, try booting in safemode with networking and try that way. That is only if Ariane has online activation, I don't know much about them, having never used them. Let me know if that helps.Aaron

Guest Svend

>ave you tried disabling the XP firewall? That has happened>to me before, not with Ariane, but with other software. XPs>firewall was blocking it without asking me anything. >Disabling it let me connect. If you've tried that, try>booting in safemode with networking and try that way. >>That is only if Ariane has online activation, I don't know>much about them, having never used them. Let me know if that>helps.>>AaronHi Aaron,Thx very much for reply.My windows firewall is not activatet as I know it kan bring trouble checked it again to be sure.Im using F-Secure and I have deactivated it dureing activation and install (have always done that when installing software), but no go.Regarding the safemode I did that and Im not able to load FS9.Normely during activation of software there should be some trafic between my computer and the sofware developer and it seems nothing is going on here ( I have not been contacted by Ariane regarding server error or things like that) infact I have informed Ariane about my privat phonenumber and asked them to call me.I do have alot of addons that demand activation (PMDG, FDC a.o) so it`s not new to me and the activation procedure in Ariane products dont seem to me as difficult, just a little odd, but no problem aslong it works;)Im working for a large IT company as a coach and trainer for our Agents/supporters and been a supporter for almost 4 years and therefore know a bit about customer suppoert issues, and how to handle thise in relation to customer errors a.o.I can tell you that this is realy getting on my nervs, belive me and will for sure go back to this forum again to official apologise to Ariane if this is an enduser error, belive me.With kindly regardsSvend

Guest Svend

Oh I forgot to mention that I have received mail information witch should allow me to enter their download site (that`s according the mail I received). I wanted to se if there were a updated version of the manual to the one I received in my download regarding install and activation, but I get a error saying that it`s the wrong login (ohh my god).Ariane have also been informed by me about this issue and no reply.With kindly regardsSvend

Svend,the ariane manual explicitly states to not use online activation. I does not work. What you will need to do is to generate a code, then email that code to Ariane, and they will then email you an activation code back. This is the only way to do it. Also, keep in mind that Ariane does not provide "upgrades" or "patches". Rather, they fix their products via the release of a new one, for which you will have to pay extra. At any rate, Ariane seems to be unable to address the real bugs that plague their 737 releases.ricardo

Guest Svend

>Svend,>>the ariane manual explicitly states to not use online>activation. I does not work. What you will need to do is to>generate a code, then email that code to Ariane, and they will>then email you an activation code back. This is the only way>to do it. >>Also, keep in mind that Ariane does not provide "upgrades" or>"patches". Rather, they fix their products via the release of>a new one, for which you will have to pay extra. >>At any rate, Ariane seems to be unable to address the real>bugs that plague their 737 releases.>>ricardoHi ricardo,Thx so much for Your reply.Your information is absolutly correct about the online activation.I did everything according to the manual(no online activation).1) I received the first mail from Ariane witch is the one used to generate the code you mentoned above and did send it.2) I received the activation mail, with activation code. The next thing I did was according to manual.Ariane have send all mails (2) as they should, nothing wrong there.Im more than 100% sure that I have done nothing wrong during activation. I have all info I need to get it activated, but it wont work, why I dont know. Only Ariane knows, who should els I dont:).Another stranges thing is that the first mail is also used as a login to their web site for downloads, but it dont work it say "wrong password".In the download at Simmarket I received 6 fills + manual.One called Boing 737-800 Ng V3, 900Er navdata, two soundfills called one and two a Splash and background+a exe to revert back the Ariane Splach and background to FS9 standart. So I have received all fills according the manual.I have not heard anything from Ariane, it`s pure silence from that part.Is this a bad dream or is it the real thing?With kindly regardsSvend

That's pretty much the real thing, sorry. If and when you get it running, you'll be so disappointed in the product anyhow it won't matter. Default AP, horrible flight dynmaics, default vacuum cleaner sounds, and on and on.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest Svend

>That's pretty much the real thing, sorry. If and when you>get it running, you'll be so disappointed in the product>anyhow it won't matter. Default AP, horrible flight dynmaics,>default vacuum cleaner sounds, and on and on. >>Hi :)I dont know if the product is like that because I have not been able to test it yet :).If I understand correct you got the product and got disappointed. Im realy sorry if you vent through the same im going through now.When it comes to buying products, dont matter if it`s flightsim software or Computers, printers or for that matter a vacuum cleaner :)-it`s all about customer exspectation. When I bought this product I didnt realy exspect anything other than get it up and flying (activated) and some desent support.What I realy hope is that the silence from both Simmarket (Simmarket as the retailer ) and Ariane is that they are trying to solve this issue behind the scene the best way they can. I have asked Simmarket to assist me in this matter because I have been a loyal customer to them for a long time (same as alot of you here at this forum).I can only hope for the best.With kindly regardsSvend

Svend,on the off chance that you've missed something: did you proceed exactly as advised by the manual?1) Install the aircraft2) Load the aircraft in FS93) Then go through the procedure that generates the codes. I believe there are two of them: one for the fmc/panel, and the other for the pushback expansion pack. 4) Email these codes to ariane.5) They will return, if memory serves, ONE code.ricardo

>Svend,Always frustrating when things don't work as expected...No problem with them prompt reply on emails and activation went fine for my 800 and 900 :-)The mistake you could make (that was what I did the first time) is to insert the activation code as per email but not everything in red color including your name and dashes lines :(You have to insert everything in red ;-)Hope it's helpful to fly this beauty :-) have fun :-)Andr

André

Guest banker

Now this is an answer to an unasked question...I've been twiddling my creditcard for some days now, to buy or not to buy that 737...Maybe you did something wrong, maybe you didn't but since it seems you know your way around software, I 'm not gonna take the risk.There will be other 737's besides the one from PMDG.thanks for the infoLuc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans

Guest Svend

>Svend,>>on the off chance that you've missed something: did you>proceed exactly as advised by the manual?>>1) Install the aircraft>>2) Load the aircraft in FS9>>3) Then go through the procedure that generates the codes. I>believe there are two of them: one for the fmc/panel, and the>other for the pushback expansion pack. >>4) Email these codes to ariane.>>5) They will return, if memory serves, ONE code.>>ricardoHi ricardo,I got the following mail from Ariane:HOW TO ACTIVATE YOUR SIMMARKET PURCHASEPlease read EVERYTHINGRun the OFFLINE activation option to activate/register the product: Start up FS2004Load the aircraft you purchasedAfter loading the 737 a RED BOX should appearAfter loading the Tu134 select ACTIVATION on the FS menuA red box or plain box will appear. (If RED BOX please press A key).Enter your First Name, Family Name and Email Address Enter ORDER ID and/or PASSWORD (see above). Click OFFLINE button. IE6 will auto start (Internet Exp V6 or later) & make an e-mail to send to us. If IE does not start, start it yourself.Other mail service? Install IE6 to get the code first and then copy and paste the mail to your mail service to send. It doesnt mention anywhere in the manual that a code have to be generated via FMC, only the red box as above (i got the pushback version.It could be that the instruction mail I got is not the correct one as you are talking about one for fmc/panel and one for the pushback. I have tought about that and that`s why I tried to download a manual from the Ariane site without any luck, just to check and se the difference.Dear god Ricardo if you are right about this You have earned the gold medal:)With kindly regardsSvend

Guest Jeffreymg

I have the 737-800 and did offline activation and got the code in 24hrs which worked fine the panel and the fmc.I have had no problems with the plane I just wish you could import a Fp as from FSBuild.When you import a FS2004 plan all you get is the dep and arrival wo any waypoints. JeffG

Guest Svend

>Now this is an answer to an unasked question...>>I've been twiddling my creditcard for some days now, to buy or>not to buy that 737...>>Maybe you did something wrong, maybe you didn't but since it>seems you know your way around software, I 'm not gonna take>the risk.>>There will be other 737's besides the one from PMDG.>>thanks for the info>>Luc 'Glaudrung' BrusselmansHi Luc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans,Im not in a situation where I can advice You on that matter :) simply because it would not to be fair towards Ariane or You.As I have stated above I do belive that I have done everything according to manual and instructions.The only advice I can give You is to follow this post;).With kindly regardsSvend

>Now this is an answer to an unasked question...>>I've been twiddling my creditcard for some days now, to buy or>not to buy that 737...>>Maybe you did something wrong, maybe you didn't but since it>seems you know your way around software, I 'm not gonna take>the risk.>>There will be other 737's besides the one from PMDG.>>thanks for the info>>Luc 'Glaudrung' BrusselmansNo problem with them and I'm long time around here ;-) have several aircraft from them and it works always and correct response on e-mail...Just do the offline activation both FMS/Pushback them sent the activation email...Copy from the reply email all in red into the activation box...Have go to this process even after update of my hardware to current...No problems at all... Andr

André