Sign in to follow this  
Guest Svend

Ariane 737-800 order

Offline activation worked just fine for me. All communications with Ariane have been courteous, helpful and quick. I have both the 737-900ER and TU134 and am very happy with them. Dave

Guest Svend

>>Now this is an answer to an unasked question...>>>>I've been twiddling my creditcard for some days now, to buy>or>>not to buy that 737...>>>>Maybe you did something wrong, maybe you didn't but since it>>seems you know your way around software, I 'm not gonna take>>the risk.>>>>There will be other 737's besides the one from PMDG.>>>>thanks for the info>>>>Luc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans>>No problem with them and I'm long time around here ;-) have>several aircraft from them and it works always and correct>response on e-mail...>>Just do the offline activation both FMS/Pushback them sent the>activation email...>Copy from the reply email all in red into the activation>box...>Have go to this process even after update of my hardware to>current...>No problems at all...> >Andr

>start it yourself.>>Could be Your right :)>>With kindly regards>SvendYep your right the manual is to say at the least a little odd...Andr

André

Guest Svend

I just got this mail from Ariane:Well, what we got from you was for another PC which we got as a DENIED message because it was from another PC. Now you are either running another PC which is not going to help anyone unless you can be honest about this or you are running a raid system or running it across a network. Lets get a complete breakdown on your system before we take this further please. lead Tech Manager ARIANE STUDIOSAdvanced Flight SimulationAnd my reply:Hi again, This I realy dont understand. I have two PC`s in my home witch is an old one used by my 4 year old son and it`s not connected (it`s a standalone unit). My PC witch is the one Im sending this mail from, is the only one that`s connected to the internet no one els. Question on raid? I do not run a raid system on my unit. My unit is a Fujitsu Siemens, Scaleo 800S and do not have a raid system running or attached to it only a 2nd HDD for backup (no raid). With kindly regardsSvendHmm?Can someone please tell me what this is about?

>I just got this mail from Ariane:>>Well, what we got from you was for another PC which we got as>a DENIED message because it was from another PC.> >Now you are either running another PC which is not going to>help anyone unless you can be honest about this or you are>running a raid system or running it across a network.> >Lets get a complete breakdown on your system before we take>this further please.> >lead Tech Manager >>>ARIANE STUDIOS>Advanced Flight Simulation>>>And my reply:>>Hi again,> >This I realy dont understand. I have two PC`s in my home>witch is an old one used by my 4 year old son and it`s not>connected (it`s a standalone unit).> >My PC witch is the one Im sending this mail from, is the only>one that`s connected to the internet no one els.> >Question on raid? I do not run a raid system on my unit.> >My unit is a Fujitsu Siemens, Scaleo 800S and do not have a>raid system running or attached to it only a 2nd HDD for>backup (no raid).> >With kindly regards>Svend>>Hmm?>Can someone please tell me what this is about?>>What this is about is Ariane basically accusing you of trying to install it on two different systems. Ariane is known for that kind of stupidity and threats. If I were you, I would tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine, then call your credit company and have the charges reversed. ricardo

Guest jscharpf

Sounds like a horrible problem!As I followed this thread, I wasn't sure what to think. Maybe Svend did something wrong, maybe not, but in the end, that last email from Ariene studios was totally unprofessional. Sounds like a teenage kid more than a business person. It kills me how these people automatically assume someone using their home computer is going to "steal" their pretious software lol. I am tired of how the world society (I thought it was mostly here in America lol) really doesn't care anymore about customer satisfaction. It means nothing.I would do everything in my power to get my money back or complain to my credit card company if possible.Sorry for your troubles. I hope you get it resolved.Sorry for the rant. I didn't mean to hijack your thread.Jeff

I honestly don't think they are threatening you. It may very well be just a matter of miscommunication. Try at least one more email to support at Ariane, to the attention of Ed, explain your problem again. I have found them to want to resolve any problem. I had a challenge getting it activated, ended up doing the offline method, and had quite a few communications with them to get up and running. My dealings with them have only been over the past few months but the experience has been very good. Try talking with Ed. Dave

I'm no advocate for Ariane nor do I work for them, but I have several of their products and so far the Ariane people always answered my mail politely and in time and all my issues I ever had were resolved.Agreed, I'm not a friend of such software protection, but seeing more and more companies jumping on that bandwagon, I guess we all need to accept it as a matter of fact that there will be some very different activation mechanisms which bind the software to the machine they run on. As long as there's support, everything is within the green band (though I personally are against that).What hinders me from buying further Ariane products is their patch philosophy: instead of offering free service packs, you need to buy a new product. And unfortunately, their products do have some bugs, and compared to others, they're a little incomplete to a certain extent as well.Overall I cannot say Ariane is a "bad player", I was happy with their support as I said, and their products are not that bad bad at all. Sure, there are well known companies which top them, but all in all Ariane's products in some areas have unique features and no reason to hide (I know of many other well known companies that offer much worser products).Andreas

Guest Svend

Hi again everybody,This is realy great support you all are giveing me here and thank you so mutch for that.It was Ed that contacted me I belive (removed his name as it do not have anything to do with issue).Ariane have asked me to do a new activation and have done that, but before I did it, I ran a netstat -ab to se if there were any connections on my computer that was critical with negative result (I do have more than basic computer skills ;)Next did a virus scan with my updated F-Secure, also with negative results.Do you know what the funny part is? I have alot of addons with online activation and have never been in a situation like this.It could be that Ariane have a more updated activation system and that`s ok with me, but as a customer I dont have to be a victime to complex activation systems.The way I se it is that can the issue be solved or not, if it cant give me my money back othervice it would be the same as connecting me with illigal activities (I know that Ariane have not used that word against me).My TAT (turnaround time) is running out.With kindly regardsSvend

Guest arianestudios

Dear Svend.We are slightly confused about this post; Svend of "Sillerbov

"We are told we have 'excellent products' from staff at Microsoft Aces Game Studio (that we are told first-hand, enjoy flying them) as well as important engineering staff at Boeing (you know who you are). We think this places Ariane far from the disatisfied and objectionable. No matter who anyone represents or what they do, we at Ariane will continue to support every one of you all, come what may.On this note, to all the 'Svends' of the flight sim world, write to us if you have a problem and if your mail does not get through, please be presistent (but patient) using our forums, to make sure. Our support is as important as our products ingenuity; and while our growing good reputation continues to rise above the few ill-founded rumours out there, we hope people understand that we will always be around to meet any concerns they have."I have to wonder why you'd dredge up a thread that is two months old? This is as self-serving as any statement I've ever seen in these forums. Ariane has plenty of satisfied users, but the way Ariane publicizes its products still reeks of a 3AM infomercial.-John

Guest JTEK99

>I have to wonder why you'd dredge up a thread that is two>months old? Because that's the standard waiting time for them to address any problem; but I forget... Ariane aircraft never have any problems or issues.Most interesting of all... they have no forum. As a customer, I recall that they announced that they would open a forum for two years but it never came. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

"At Ariane, support is a two way street; if anyone gets stuck they can mail us or go on our forum and we (and/or our many colleagues there) will help them out."After reading this rather selfserving bunch of tripe and especially the above quote, I went to see if indeed, after all these years, Ariane had set up a forum. I found "Forum tools" which is nothing more than images that users can post in other forums to advertise Ariane, but low and behold, no forum that I could find. So, please, put proof to your claim above... Post a direct link here to the Ariane forum for all to see. If you can't do that, or are unwilling to do that, Ariane will not be posting its propaganda to the AVSIM forums in the future.

Unfortunately, that's the truth: after all the years and an announcement that a forum would come soon, there's still none in existance at Ariane's site. Checked this today, found nothing.Being an Ariane customer myself, I would lie if I'd tell I'm completely happy with their products and that they don't have annoying bugs. Like other products, they have bugs too of course.The "unnatural" approach of Ariane to not provide patches (despite what their officials say, the're indeed no such things like service packs available) and to have no forum at all is more than puzzling to me - apart from the way they propagate their protection mechanism (read what the manual says here...).Their products are nice, but Ariane to mee seems more like a marketing company: their site as well what officials write are full of advertising. That's what Ariane does very well, resembles me of Microsoft somehow...Anyway, not having a forum is a real shame I think.Andreas

Hello ,must say that; Ariane are the gratest criminal Developerin MS FlightsimThey offer a Product for 50 Pounds that isn`t able to do an Autoflight what the Product does in real life for shure!And watch all the hickhacks with costumers all the years.....And the promise they make for a forum and never done.........AHHH i know why ; couse they don`t want stay to hismistakes they make with her own products....Ariane is dying for me a long time ago ; never want have something to do with themSorry , that must be sayed hope they reading this one....cheerspmpilot