Sign in to follow this  
StamPilot

One more sale: at Captain Sim

I have their 727 and their C-130.Have to say the Herc is a pretty nice aircraft. The 727... not so nice. At its release it wasn't that horible though. You should feel confident with the C-130.Scott

Hi,I said it before, and I say it again,......I will never get anything more from CS, before they release a thorough patch for the Legendary B707. :-hahI think CS has to learn once and for all to finalise previous products before they release new ones.http://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifDell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo, flashed to a X850 XT PE. Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP2E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Hey Paul J,Aside from the inescapable feelings of guilt you're experiencing, do you like the C-130?I also bought the CL-130 float plane. It's fun to hop lakes in something that big. Would love to puddle jump on the FSX water with it. Most of all I want an FSX patch for my F-104. Could take a while...

All right I bought it. Bought the 130 and the 757 for FSX + sound package.:(Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>Its on sale now. But it looks like they took the FSX option>out. I thought I saw that. Maybe I am wrong.>>Now I am thinking, They would give a free FSX upgrade for FS9>owners who bought the C130 prior to a certain date. They may>not give that offer of upgrade if you buy today.>>So we might be stuck with a FS9 version without an FSX>upgrade. I know, I am speculating here. >>They have this... if you pruchase before certain date..then>free upgrade and stuff like they might come up with.>>so the Q is... Would we be treated differently after we>purchase today?>>>Manny>>Like this.>>"If you purchased any FS9 757 Block after 17:00 GMT of 2 Nov>'06 you are not entitled for free FSX Upgrade."They stated a while ago that the C-130 was NOT elegible for a free FSX upgrade, no matter when you purchased it.I guess their thought was that it still has resale value to it so they were not going to give it away as an FSX upgrade.Likewise with the 757 missing blocks. You will have to pay for both flightsim versions of blocks D&F, since they never released it before they announced the free upgrade on the 757. This technically makes sense, but one has to wonder why those blocks are not released yet? Yeah I know...It's not done yet, but man, talk about a looooooooong development cycle. :-lolThey stated back in the beginning of August:"Just a sneak preview and short progress report on the Block F: development is going very well, most of the systems are functional by now. Standby for updates."No updates since then, other than them changing their policy to no news at all, and no timeline when it might be done. :-rollRegards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

PJYou can add me to the list as well for the PRO C-130. No problems on install. Would like to get the Coast Guard tex as well. Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

OK...I flew the 757 and the C130.The C130 is a good deal for this sale price and its nice. It does take a small performance beating. But then I have a good machine to run this thing (FS9).The 757. Well, I got the FSX version base package and the module D sound addition..I didn't find the aircraft as good as their 707 and their 727 on the outside. The VC for the 757 is very nice. however, the night lighting, they could have done it a little bettter. when you turn off the overhead lights, I was hoping to see the lights just on the panels...but nope..there are other lights than just on the panels. Its too bright or overwhelming. I am of course comparing it to the night lighting in Lvl-D which is awesome. Its either turn off all lights...are bright lights and very brights lights.They also have not done anything special with the FSX version, meaning, they have just ported it over to FSX. I think..not 100% sure. But thats what it looks like,The Sound... Well I am not qualifired to say if its authentic or not...but I felt a little let down.See..the outside parts and the sound in the CS 707 and the CS 727 is spectacular. But I didn't feel like that here.I don't like the default flight model in it. Now, I have no choice but to get the custom flight model when it is released.Atleast I have half decent airliner for FSX. So from that angle... and considering I got it on sale.. Can't complain too much.MannyAnd Steve,I posted the same Q in the CS Forum and they answered, Todays purchase would be treated the same as if you bought it earlier.If they had come out and said that there will be no Free upgrade for FSX already. Thats fair. I can't complain. Thats their choice. As long as they have comminicated it I have no issues.Not many vendors are giving away free FSX upgrade anyway. So they are not unuqie in that regard.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

hahah! I'm not the only one!. It looks great, eh? I also picked up Reagan from Cloud9, and ended up sitting on the active in the 130, trying to get it to fire up, while about 30 or more pieces of heavy metal were piled up behind me, waiting for me to go! . . . I suppose it's a case of needing to RTFM. . . Regards,pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Block "B" is everything you need. Ok I fell for it (for $10 I grabbed the 757-200 base). Added my LVD sound to it.Nice panels and stuff, REAL nice to look at, but that is it. Flys like the default planes and has no systems that work (did a flight from CYYC to CYEG with all the OH switches lit up).If you own the LVD and Andres excellent VC texture update save your $10. I wish I did.......

>And Steve,>>I posted the same Q in the CS Forum and they answered, Todays>purchase would be treated the same as if you bought it>earlier.>>If they had come out and said that there will be no Free>upgrade for FSX already. Thats fair. I can't complain. Thats>their choice. As long as they have comminicated it I have no>issues.>>Not many vendors are giving away free FSX upgrade anyway. So>they are not unuqie in that regard.>>>Hey Manny,Yeah I'm not faulting them for not offering their C-130 as a free upgrade, or even the 757 unreleased blocks. I know they are in the business to make money.I just wish they finished the 757 for FS9 before they started on the FSX version, and the space shuttle, and the FSX C-130, etc. They have alienated many loyal customers who bought into the "block" program who saw their main interest (the unreleased blocks) get pushed to the back of the developement cycle in favor of CS's desire to get FSX stuff out the to market 1st), and I can guarentee that they will never make money off that scheme again (at least from customers who know the history).In fact you can see that they renamed the "block" system and now refer to it as the "Pro or Express" line. Same concept, different packaging. (like they will fool everyone with that). And with ONE systems programmer to handle ALL the planes they are planning to release, you can guess how long it's going to take to get the "Pro" version of the new planes. (just use the 757 as a reference and you'll get an idea when to expect the systems module for the space shuttle) :-lol Now, new customers who don't frequent forums like this one, well...they are in for a sad suprise if they look at the beautiful marketing hype and think they'll just get the existing blocks now and have a short wait for the meat of the plane. (actually, they will have a short(er) wait than the existing customers who've been waiting for almost a year now with still no firm commitment from CS that they'll even get an FS9 version. An FSX version? Who on earth would want that with the performance issues of FSX itself and their current 757 conversion? Many people have reported that while other planes work fine in FSX, the CS 757 is a slide show, with their only response somthing like "We created a highly complex model, so it will not perform as well as those basic models, and besides, we're sure its your system causing the problem, not our plane...etc" )Anyway....great deal on the C-130....go get it now if you've always wanted it. ;)Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hey! Yup, the install was a breeze, very professionally done. I would rate the aircraft as being a "five-star". It's VC is very "useable",with the flight-deck graphics much-improved over the 727; it's very fully documented and the exterior is stunning. This aircraft has presence! Start-up engine animation is quite believable. These are the things which I look for when buying. Same with the scenery. I mostly hang out around the Portland area with GA/FS9, commonly ferrying aircraft (Do-27/Safir recently) from Seattle to Hillsboro or Troutdale, with DF 727 for two-hour city-city legs across the US. Good for about one - two hours, and intensly "real". The 130 opens now up other flying chores that I haven't even thought of. I gotta say - there's a bunch of studying to do, so it'll be a while before it gets airborne. What a great deal, eh? Carenado has done the same with their products. I've wanted the Mentor for a long time, and now have it, too. It works very well in FS Ten.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I wish Shockwave would have a sale like that. I'd buy four or five planes on the spot.

I wanted to get the C-130 ($9.99 is a steal) but I couldn't/can't get to the sales part of their website! :-mad I think the Sale is over now! :-mad

>I wanted to get the C-130 ($9.99 is a steal) but I>couldn't/can't get to the sales part of their website! :-mad I>think the Sale is over now! :-madNo it