Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Flight Simulator (9) Utopia!

Finally! Finally finally finally! Wherever I fly, whatever the situation, no matter how's the weather (40miles clouds), addon aircraft or addon scenery, or both, it just doesn't care. Jerky landings and takeoffs are thing of the past. No more blurries, no more stutters! It keeps at 40fps locked, and NEVER drops below 30. All sliders except clouds are at max. I am finally able to handfly right down to tarmac aircraft like LevelD or PMDG in VC, with complete smoothness. It finally *feels* like flying.Now, how funny is that, that MS brought FSX now out, which actually presents ALL these problems all over again. How would someone be as stupid to change completely now to FSX? Like, we just have a chance to get the hardware that can run FS9 in all conditions, be totally satisfied with the feeling of the sim, and now we should completely throw that away for not even much better looking sim? I actually regret that I bought my copy of FSX Deluxe for 85 Euros...

Guest rnj slinger

Can i ask is that X1950 agp, and how is it? I am goig for a hardware update for fs9 ( just a little).Rick170994.pngPent 4 3.0 1024 ht/offasus p4c800hd 200gb 4 partitionsmaxtor 7200 rpmati 9800pro 256 cat 5.1221"IIyama crt19" relisys crtwin xp sp2 CH yoke + pedals+ 1dell 1hp laptop for asv ivae etc

Actually, blurried mountains, it was another effect. The screenshots taken by others were more sharp because they were zoomed out. If you make default zoom shots, they remain same with everyone. Now I simply use zoom 0.75 or 0.5 even, and everything looks much much better.But the difference really made the Core2Duo. Now the textures load faster than ever, wherever I turn, they are blurry for not longer than 1 second, and usually, they are already preloaded, so no blurries at all.And about X1950 XTX, there is no AGP version, this is of course PCIe version.

Guest rnj slinger

oops my mistake, they give the card confusing names, but there is 1950 agp out there somewhere.http://www.powercolor.com/global/main_prod...tail.asp?id=137Rick170994.pngPent 4 3.0 1024 ht/offasus p4c800hd 200gb 4 partitionsmaxtor 7200 rpmati 9800pro 256 cat 5.1221"IIyama crt19" relisys crtwin xp sp2 CH yoke + pedals+ 1dell 1hp laptop for asv ivae etc

Yeah, I believe there is an AGP version, too. My regret is that I should have gone with the high-end nVidia setup, as I would dearly love to go for the Matrox TripleHead2Go system, and for that you need a card that supports 3800 pixels wide. None of the ATI cards will achieve this.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Congrats Word Not Allowed on this :) I am happy you are finally enjoying to the fullest. And you are correct about the zoom :DThanks to you I will be updating my current system. :)Take careTim :D

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest Phantoms

Right now it's only the X1950 Pro available in AGP from Visiontek (256mb), Saphire (256mb) and Powercolor (256mb and 512mb). There's about a $100 premium for it over the PCIe version too. You can even find the Visiontek one at most Best Buys. Hopefully a AGP version of the XT will come out later.

>Finally! Finally finally finally! Wherever I fly, whatever>the situation, no matter how's the weather (40miles clouds),>addon aircraft or addon scenery, or both, it just doesn't>care. Jerky landings and takeoffs are thing of the past. No>more blurries, no more stutters! It keeps at 40fps locked, and>NEVER drops below 30. All sliders except clouds are at max. I>am finally able to handfly right down to tarmac aircraft like>LevelD or PMDG in VC, with complete smoothness. It finally >*feels* like flying.>I recently put together a new system myself and I echo this sentiment. can now finally fly all of my complex 3rd party planes in the VC with full 100% AI traffic and full detail sliders with nary a slowdown in my FPS. It'll be quite some time before I retire FS9 and move into FSX.

I can't agree more. I recently installed a 7600GS/512 in anticipation of FSX, but now FS9 finally runs so smooth, with every addon out there, I really find it hard to move on and start the tweaking process all over again.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorLogitech Extreme 3D pro Joystickhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpghttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

You would feel a bit like Sisyphos, now would you? I would :-)