Sign in to follow this  

HELP, I accidently deleted a file for my traffic!!

I've done this b4 and that is what makes this sooo frustrating.I think its the file that goes into the main directory. I totally forget the name of it. Without it all my traffic, even default disappears. And I think it is contained on disk 1.Thank you everyone.

Hi there,it's called 'traffic.bgl' and goes into 'Scenedb/ATC/scenery'. However, this will reinstate the default FS traffic, all your AI add-ons will be lost. So it may be an idea to check first, if the file has actually vanished.If it's still there, check if the following entry is contained in your scenery.cfg (in the FS main folder):[Area.004]Title=Additional Facility DataLocal=scenedbATCRemote=Layer=4Active=TRUEIf that's in its correct place, check in the 'Modules' folder for 'traffic.dll'. Good luck,Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Thank you but all that is in place. The 'traffic.bgl' traffic.dll, atc.dll and the entry in scenery.cfg is listed as[Area.004]Title=Additional Facility DataLocal=scenedbATCActive=TRUELayer=4Required=TRUERemote=I really am still thinking I had to grab a file off the CD which went into the main directory or fs and came from the fs2002.cab on the cd. But I've been looking for the file to jog my memory for an hour and can't find. Anyone else? Help.

Funny, you're asking about this.I did the same---well, er..sort of...lol.I twice installed (thinking the first one was not a success) a PAI package that gave me the result of two aircraft on take-off's and approaches Duh....So...I used an edit program to take out 500 duplicate flight plans. Bad move....It (whatever it did...) wiped out that file. I merely went to the disk that houses the ATC file folder and grabbed it and dubbed it over what was on the hard drive. As the chap said, you lose your AI add-on's but it only took me a half-hour to have them all reinstalled.Everything works perfectly now. Caution to you...NEVER reinstall any PAI package as it doe NOT OVERWRITE the flight plans but doubles them up. Even if you edit, there is a chance of a screw up no matter how careful you might wish to be.How do I know? Don't ask...lolCheers!Mitch R.

Bingo, that was it!!!! Wow, I've done this twice now, you think I'll learn and not clean up the folders every once in a while.Thanks